By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

sc94597 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Simply stating false information at this point, the Order is releasing in Feburary of next year, RAM prices will be the same and no, two more graphics generations my ass, more like rebranding and a better flagship card. And if you want to use PS Plus as a negative then also factor in that over four years, you'd have gotten 96 free games for $200, less tha $3 a game, you can also EASILY find PS Plus for a year at $40 or less, or wait for sales like PC Gamers do. Also PS Plus is optional. 

And what multiplats? 

Destiny? 

MGS V?

KH3?

FFXV?

Oh wait, those games aren't coming to PC, so there's that. 

Or rebranded CoD, BF, aand Assassin Creed games? Consoles get ALL major multiplats, PC doesn't. 

It'll take a considerable amount of time to build a PC that performs on paper with a PS4, and bout time that time comes the PS4 will likely have a price drop. It's not a question of raw power, it's what you do with it, hence a Titan can't run CoD Ghosts at 60fps locked, throwing raw power at things isn't always the best method. 

GeForce 800 and 900 are releasing this year, and with every new GPU generation the prices of the previous (regardless of their abilities) decrease. Right now one can buy a PS4 equivalent (GeForce GTX 660) for $180 USD, with the new generation releasing its cost will likely go down at least $50. So no, it isn't false information. Ram decreases in price almost on an annual clock. So that will go down by february as well. 

Steam deals and bundles match any benefit PS Plus brings. PS Plus might have it beat in quantity, but when I can buy a great game that is 6 months old for $40 on steam and it is $60 on consoles, I don't mind that I miss out on downloadable PS releases. When within a year of an Elders Scrolls game release I can have a steam deal with DLC and buy the game for $20 I don't care too much about the free PS Plus games. Steam > PS Plus. 

Destiny - Point, not sure if I'm getting it though. It will likely come to PC eventually anyway. 

MGS V - point, but I never was a fan of the series personally, so not a big deal for me personally. 

KH3 - Won't release for years. 

FFXV - Won't release for years (and announced in 2005, I bought a PS3 for this damn game, when I was in 8th grade, now I'm a junior in college. I'm over it and Square-Enix.) 

Meanwhile PC plays the overwhelming majority of multiplatform games better than the PS4 and XboxOne, and will continue to get unique exclusives as those consoles lag behind and PC gaming continues to grow. 

While I agree that PCS do run the games better it is nowhere near a majority of games. There are more games NOT coming to PC than there are coming(personal preference aside of course). And I feel that PC gaming while growing is still NOWHERE near the levels of console gaming and will more than likely never be. 

Also PC gamers are a minority while console gamers are a majority so the core focus will always go to console gamers as well. Steam/Ps Plus/XB Live are very different in what they offer and who they offer it too. And while Steam may offer more the audience that it is offered to is to small to compare to the audience that Ps Plus/XB Live is offered too. 

So for all the benefits it has compared to console gaming and the console gaming market it is almost irrelevant when looking at then side by side. Not saying that it is at all but compared to consoles and console gamers the PC market is very small. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Yes PS4s visuals are on another level.

People can keep pointing to the PCs and say well this rig destroys a PS4. Yh so

A car that goes 300mph has more power than a car that can go 100mph but when the motorway is limited to going to 70mph whats the point in the extra power?

PC has more potential but no game and I mean no game on the PC is showing the visuals that these PS4 games are showing. If such a game is around then prove me wrong. Before someone labels me a hater my graphics card is worth more than a PS4.

Edit: also as a closing statement, It does not matter how powerfull as PC is, it can not render pixels and effects that do not exist. 

Imagine what Naughty Gods could do with a high end pc. FAP FAP FAP

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

TheBlackNaruto said:
sc94597 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Simply stating false information at this point, the Order is releasing in Feburary of next year, RAM prices will be the same and no, two more graphics generations my ass, more like rebranding and a better flagship card. And if you want to use PS Plus as a negative then also factor in that over four years, you'd have gotten 96 free games for $200, less tha $3 a game, you can also EASILY find PS Plus for a year at $40 or less, or wait for sales like PC Gamers do. Also PS Plus is optional. 

And what multiplats? 

Destiny? 

MGS V?

KH3?

FFXV?

Oh wait, those games aren't coming to PC, so there's that. 

Or rebranded CoD, BF, aand Assassin Creed games? Consoles get ALL major multiplats, PC doesn't. 

It'll take a considerable amount of time to build a PC that performs on paper with a PS4, and bout time that time comes the PS4 will likely have a price drop. It's not a question of raw power, it's what you do with it, hence a Titan can't run CoD Ghosts at 60fps locked, throwing raw power at things isn't always the best method. 

GeForce 800 and 900 are releasing this year, and with every new GPU generation the prices of the previous (regardless of their abilities) decrease. Right now one can buy a PS4 equivalent (GeForce GTX 660) for $180 USD, with the new generation releasing its cost will likely go down at least $50. So no, it isn't false information. Ram decreases in price almost on an annual clock. So that will go down by february as well. 

Steam deals and bundles match any benefit PS Plus brings. PS Plus might have it beat in quantity, but when I can buy a great game that is 6 months old for $40 on steam and it is $60 on consoles, I don't mind that I miss out on downloadable PS releases. When within a year of an Elders Scrolls game release I can have a steam deal with DLC and buy the game for $20 I don't care too much about the free PS Plus games. Steam > PS Plus. 

Destiny - Point, not sure if I'm getting it though. It will likely come to PC eventually anyway. 

MGS V - point, but I never was a fan of the series personally, so not a big deal for me personally. 

KH3 - Won't release for years. 

FFXV - Won't release for years (and announced in 2005, I bought a PS3 for this damn game, when I was in 8th grade, now I'm a junior in college. I'm over it and Square-Enix.) 

Meanwhile PC plays the overwhelming majority of multiplatform games better than the PS4 and XboxOne, and will continue to get unique exclusives as those consoles lag behind and PC gaming continues to grow. 

While I agree that PCS do run the games better it is nowhere near a majority of games. There are more games NOT coming to PC than there are coming(personal preference aside of course). And I feel that PC gaming while growing is still NOWHERE near the levels of console gaming and will more than likely never be. 

Also PC gamers are a minority while console gamers are a majority so the core focus will always go to console gamers as well. Steam/Ps Plus/XB Live are very different in what they offer and who they offer it too. And while Steam may offer more the audience that it is offered to is to small to compare to the audience that Ps Plus/XB Live is offered too. 

So for all the benefits it has compared to console gaming and the console gaming market it is almost irrelevant when looking at then side by side. Not saying that it is at all but compared to consoles and console gamers the PC market is very small. 

PC gamers are a minority? Those 75 million active Steam users would like to talk to you. Also, all of the 7 million WoW players and 32 million League of Legends players out there.

PC has many exclusive games not coming to consoles, it's more of a matter of preference than anything, specially since most multiplats also come to PC and those 4 or 5 that aren't coming will probably come in the future, this is a trend among those console multiplats.

sc94597 said:
estebxx said:

Crisis 1, 2, 3 are beautiful looking games, but THAT'S the thing they look like GAMES, UC4 has graphics that look like the CG I trailers that we have seen in recent years, to the point people didn't believe it was in game, and there are still people who don't believe it, PC is more powerful but it lacks the Software to bring out the full performance or potential that a PC can actually do...

All I have to say is to remember the whole Killzone 2 debacle last generation. From the demo that was shown PS3 gamers were going crazy about it, and then the end result wasn't even close. I truly doubt Uncharted 4's gameplay will look like that cinematic (I won't dispute that it is rendered in real-time) E3 trailer. 

and all i have to say is you never played Killzone 2 because the game ended up looking better than the tech demo that was shown at E3....  and DONT even DARE say its the other way arround... just go watch the tech demo and then play the ACTUAL GAME and you will see that it looks better than the demo.

Captain_Tom said:
Sharpryno said:
About as half as good as Skyrim with mods.

I have fully modded Skyrim.  InFamous looks WAY better.  Try harder...

lol that just sounds absurd. The only way he or any of us can try harder is to convince you (and the OP) that your PS fueled ego is extremely inflated.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Oh yeah! So good! Just like Motorstorm!

Whilst they are good, I'll wait until the games are out before believing those screens.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
estebxx said:
i dont get PC gamers seriously...

is PC more powerful than the PS4? YES
can it do better graphics than the PS4? YES
BUT, does it have a GAME that has better graphics than Uncharted 4??? ........

Crisis 1, 2, 3 are beautiful looking games, but THAT'S the thing they look like GAMES, UC4 has graphics that look like the CG I trailers that we have seen in recent years, to the point people didn't believe it was in game, and there are still people who don't believe it, PC is more powerful but it lacks the Software to bring out the full performance or potential that a PC can actually do...

also The Order 1886 also has CGI-like graphics not very far to those of UC4

There is a difference between a PC Elitist, PC Enthusiast, and PC Gamer.

yeah, you are right, but you cant deny those "PC Elitist", have done a GREAT job at making it look like almost every PC Gamer is an elitist...

Serious_frusting said:

A car that goes 300mph has more power than a car that can go 100mph but when the motorway is limited to going to 70mph whats the point in the extra power?

PC has more potential but no game and I mean no game on the PC is showing the visuals that these PS4 games are showing. If such a game is around then prove me wrong. Before someone labels me a hater my graphics card is worth more than a PS4.

Edit: also as a closing statement, It does not matter how powerfull as PC is, it can not render pixels and effects that do not exist. 

The point in the extra power is to get to the 70mph limit faster. If you want that or not, then it's your choice.

Also, actually, PC can render effects and pixels that do not exist(on console games). You know all those PS4 games at 1080p or less? Yeah, those can be run at 4x more pixels on PCs with the appropriate graphics cards and more effects thanks to the highest setting on PC usually giving better effects than what's available in the console build. If that's not the case, then mods are there to help you put some effects that don't exist to run on the PC build.

Serious_frusting said:

Need to get your hands on star citizen. Blows every game out of the water in terms of graphics. 

sc94597 said:
Areaz32 said:
 The order 1886 and uncharted 4 look like previous gen graphics. 

I won't argue about uncharted 4, because I highly doubt the game will look like the trailer, but the order 1886 doesn't look much better than Battlefield 4 (PS4 or PC.)

seriously? BF4 looks like a game The Order looks like a CGI trailer... no wonder you think KZ2 demo looks better than the actual game, your eyes are messeed up...

Moderated,

-Mr Khan