By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Versus E3 Results are in!!!!!

Wow! I didn't see that coming...

Internet is Nintendo biased confirmed?

But seriously though, IGN is not where I'd expect to see a landslide Nintendo win. What's next, Gamespot? N4G?

That said, Nintendo absolutely deserves it. That whole digital event was just epic, so much that I almost think I might just prefer digital events now! As for the games, I haven't had my mind blown by an E3 lineup this hard in several years. All three companies had their strongest showing in many years, in my opinion, but Nintendo just went above and beyond this year. I just hope that translates to sales now.

Around the Network

I was reading the IGN comments and boy are the fanboys butthurt. I want to see how Doctre81 Shokio ReviewTechUSA NxtGen720 and, last but not least, Blackb0nd, well if he responds to it hahahaha.

HylianSwordsman said:
Wow! I didn't see that coming...

Internet is Nintendo biased confirmed?

But seriously though, IGN is not where I'd expect to see a landslide Nintendo win. What's next, Gamespot? N4G?

That said, Nintendo absolutely deserves it. That whole digital event was just epic, so much that I almost think I might just prefer digital events now! As for the games, I haven't had my mind blown by an E3 lineup this hard in several years. All three companies had their strongest showing in many years, in my opinion, but Nintendo just went above and beyond this year. I just hope that translates to sales now.

Why stop at N4G?! Maybe Mynintendonews.com as well!

I think the results are pretty good.

But, I find it more comical that IGN suddenly isn't trash anymore.

TheGoldenBoy said:

Who said it is or isnt?

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:

Certain editors are better than others. I don't know what the deal was with the "IGN in general is trash" thing

KLXVER said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Who said it is or isnt?

The general mood towards IGN, at least from what I and many other have seen, is that it is completely filled with fanboys and thus irrelevant.

I just find it interesting that people actually care what their readers have to say.

Clyde32 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Certain editors are better than others. I don't know what the deal was with the "IGN in general is trash" thing

Completely agree. It is certainly true that some of the editors are really biased there but doesn't mean the whole thing is trash.

But I guess it's all just opinion, so whatever.

No big surprise in the results.

Games: Nintendo showed lots of new games. Sony showed only a few interesting new games. Microsoft: Just a couple of interesting games.

Conferences - Nintendo: Totally destroyed Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft: It was an enjoyable conference. Sony: It sucked.

Overall: Nintendo: Of course.

Madword said:
I didn't really care for NIntendo's conference (but then i don't really care for their games). MS's was really good and very well paced, and Sony's was really good on reflection except for that really bad bit in the middle which nearly ruined it.

Overall I don't think it matters in the slightest. Some people think A won, some people think B or C won, overall the proof of winning E3 is in the sales of the console.

You would be right if the only way to market a console is through E3 alone. But it isnt...

Yay!!!