By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Versus E3 Results are in!!!!!

TheLastStarFighter said:
This is actually quite relevant. Recent sales trends like The Last of Us, PS4 vs XBOne vs Wii U, Watch_Dogs and others have shown that hype and interest matter. Nintendo clearly scored a win here, and I think it will result in better sales going forward.

Lol, based on a poll on one site?  When has that ever changed things.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority voting for Nintendo already had a Wii U and are just tired of Nintendo getting stomped/teased pretty much everywhere, so showed up in droves to make it "win" E3.  Again, this poll will mean nothing for sales.  The publics interest in the HW and SW will.  And if they are going to have another few month drought after MK8, sales will suffer.

@ OP

Good for Nintendo.  They need to win something this gen. 

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:

I'm not ahead of anything.  I think Nintendo's fortunes are on the rise.  I didn't say "best" sales going forward.  But people were pleased with the products shown.

well for the sake of competition i hope you are right.I am just wary of how some people tend to jump on every nintendo victory and brand it as the thing that is going to turn things all around. What happens if in 3 weeks nintendo sales are back to sub 30k per week?

I will always remain skeptical towards nintendo until i see them actually marketing the wiiU better and securing a decent amount of third party games. Cause then I will at least feel they are taking themselves seriously enough for me to take thme seriously.

thismeintiel said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
This is actually quite relevant. Recent sales trends like The Last of Us, PS4 vs XBOne vs Wii U, Watch_Dogs and others have shown that hype and interest matter. Nintendo clearly scored a win here, and I think it will result in better sales going forward.

Lol, based on a poll on one site?  When has that ever changed things.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority voting for Nintendo already had a Wii U and are just tired of Nintendo getting stomped/teased pretty much everywhere, so showed up in droves to make it "win" E3.  Again, this poll will mean nothing for sales.  The publics interest in the HW and SW will.  And if they are going to have another few month drought after MK8, sales will suffer.

@ OP

Theyve already won in the dedicated handheld department;)

I think it's a consensus everywhere that Nintendo won this E3, right?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I remember watching the Nintendo conference with a group of my friends and we were totally underwhelmed. The reactions I see on the Internet are somewhat baffling. That being said, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker looks quite promising.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
thismeintiel said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

@ OP

You don't release a product half as popular as its predessecor and win, Sony just lost badly with the Vita.

KLXVER said:

thismeintiel said:

@ OP

@KLXVER

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the 3DS. Hahaha some fanboys forget about that.

@thismeintiel 

In business there is a certain process called market research. This is where you can test the interest and acknowledgement of a certain product whether it be in focus groups or interviews. Another thing can be polls. In market research, you get feedback on your product from consumers. If all of them are interested in the product or like it, it does not mean that they will definetely buy it but it shows that there is interest in it and potential sales.

In this case we are talking about a conference showing Nintendo products. Although Market research is usally done before the product is in stores it is arlight for market research to be performed during its lifecycle. This poll can be taken as a market research for the Wii U. This poll showed that there is now interest in the Wii U. Nintendo showed games and their conference was great so because of this, interest in the Wii U rose. More interest means more POTENTIAL customers. No one can promise higher sales for the Wii U due to a poll but what we can conclude is potential sales.

Good, I'm glad people know.

bouzane said:

You don't release a product half as popular as its predessecor and win, Sony just lost badly with the Vita.

I seem to have missed that rule...

Nintendo has to win something at least. Except the lack of third party is still a glaring omission in its lineup