By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Versus E3 Results are in!!!!!

SjOne said:
Nintendo has to win something at least. Except the lack of third party is still a glaring omission in its lineup

Sony and MS hasnt won anything yet either, so its all opinions...

Around the Network

Wild, given the alleged demographics of IGN-goers (traffic to the Nintendo-specific subsites is supposed to be ludicrously low compared to the XB and PS sub-sites)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

KLXVER said:
SjOne said:
Nintendo has to win something at least. Except the lack of third party is still a glaring omission in its lineup

Sony and MS hasnt won shit yet either, so...

The PS4 is clearly "winning" the 8th generation console race and not simply by contracting and failing less than the competition but by actually growing in total unit sales and total profitability over the PS3. I know it is an awfully early prediction but it should be patently obviously that the PS4 is going to race past the PS3 in terms of hardware & software sales and without having to burn billions of dollars to do so.

bouzane said:
KLXVER said:
SjOne said:

Sony and MS hasnt won shit yet either, so...

The PS4 is clearly "winning" the 8th generation console race and not simply by contracting and failing less than the competition but by actually growing in total unit sales and total profitability over the PS3. I know it is an awfully early prediction but it should be patently obviously that the PS4 is going to race past the PS3 in terms of hardware & software sales and without having to burn billions of dollars to do so.

Its still early in the cycle. Anything can happen...

awesomeabe1998 said:
KLXVER said:

thismeintiel said:

Lol, based on a poll on one site?  When has that ever changed things.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority voting for Nintendo already had a Wii U and are just tired of Nintendo getting stomped/teased pretty much everywhere, so showed up in droves to make it "win" E3.  Again, this poll will mean nothing for sales.  The publics interest in the HW and SW will.  And if they are going to have another few month drought after MK8, sales will suffer.

@ OP

Good for Nintendo.  They need to win something this gen. 

Theyve already won in the dedicated handheld department;)

@KLXVER

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the 3DS. Hahaha some fanboys forget about that.

@thismeintiel 

In business there is a certain process called market research. This is where you can test the interest and acknowledgement of a certain product whether it be in focus groups or interviews. Another thing can be polls. In market research, you get feedback on your product from consumers. If all of them are interested in the product or like it, it does not mean that they will definetely buy it but it shows that there is interest in it and potential sales.

In this case we are talking about a conference showing Nintendo products. Although Market research is usally done before the product is in stores it is arlight for market research to be performed during its lifecycle. This poll can be taken as a market research for the Wii U. This poll showed that there is now interest in the Wii U. Nintendo showed games and their conference was great so because of this, interest in the Wii U rose. More interest means more POTENTIAL customers. No one can promise higher sales for the Wii U due to a poll but what we can conclude is potential sales.

Lol, did you seriously just try to talk about market research in reference to a poll on IGN?  That's not market research.  That is getting results from a small part of the population (not just core gamers, but core gamers invested enough in gaming that they actually visit IGN regularly.)  Market research would entail talking a slice of the general population to see if there actually is interest in a product.  Not a site's poll, where most of those who voted one way could already own said product.

Around the Network

Yep. Nintendo is soooooooooo underappreciated.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Future Sony and MS digital events confirmed!

vivster said:

Yep. Nintendo is soooooooooo underappreciated.

I guess theyre not. Nice to be proven wrong on that one:)

KLXVER said:
bouzane said:

You don't release a product half as popular as its predessecor and win, Sony just lost badly with the Vita.

I seem to have missed that rule...

It' called "moving the goal post", works everytime :p

Rab said:
KLXVER said:
bouzane said:

You don't release a product half as popular as its predessecor and win, Sony just lost badly with the Vita.

I seem to have missed that rule...

It' called "moving the goal post", works everytime :p

That instantly made me think of the level were you chase the goal post in 3D World........maybe there was a deeper meaning to that level..?