By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Mario Kart 8 Isn't Going To Give The Wii U Even 1 Month At 100k+ In The US?

Aielyn said:
Soundwave said:
Even if that's the case, that's a pretty mediocre number.

So you're going to move the goalposts and declare a win?

The claim was that MK8 isn't going to give the Wii U even 1 month at 100k+ in the US. I demonstrated that to be false. I'd rather it be somewhere around 300k, but that's obviously not going to happen right now. But considering that estimates put Wii U at 60k for May this year, 33k for May last year, and 42k for June last year, it seems pretty clear that MK8 rather significantly boosted Wii U sales in the US... especially when you consider that the 60k number for May this year includes over 40k for the week of MK8's release, so it's more like 25-30k without MK8.

500k a week or NOTHING!

Around the Network

Yes MK8 had a very weak impact on the wii U sales. I'm pretty surprised. I thought mario kart had more pull with gamers. I guess it doesnt.

FallingTitan said:
Yes MK8 had a very weak impact on the wii U sales. I'm pretty surprised. I thought mario kart had more pull with gamers. I guess it doesnt.

It does. Just wait and see;)

KLXVER said:
FallingTitan said:

wait for what? the syste has been dropping steadlily over the past few weeks. Hell its just above 50k which isnt very good at all.

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:
FallingTitan said:

wait for what? the syste has been dropping steadlily over the past few weeks. Hell its just above 50k which isnt very good at all.

Better than it was before MK8...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
oniyide said:
KLXVER said:
FallingTitan said:

Better than it was before MK8...

thats still nothing to be proud of, hell thats still below GC numbers and even below Xone which it should have been beating a bit more IMHO.

Edit didnt answer my initial question

oniyide said:

thats still nothing to be proud of, hell thats still below GC numbers and even below Xone which it should have been beating a bit more IMHO.

Edit didnt answer my initial question

Not saying its good, only better...

Bravo Soundwave. This entire thread is golden. A lot of good analysis and opinions being shared without insults being hurled about in the name of fanboyism. I in general agree with the points Soundwave has made thus far about Nintendo's gaming philosophies.

140K with Mario Kart 8 this month.

Yep everyone in this thread was wrong lol