By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Elimination Game - The Results are in! (See OP)

I would have liked to see a bit more Xbox love but still a surprisingly good list in the end.

Around the Network

PS2! PS2! PS2! Hooah!

I don't know what's more of an upset. The PS2 coming in first, or the Genesis beating the SNES. I did prefer the Genesis though.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I will still never admit to the Genesis being better than the SNES, but a pretty good list none the less:)

Great winner!!!!

Around the Network

adriane23 said:

I don't know what's more of an upset. The PS2 coming in first...

I don't know how much of an upset that is, really.  I think it was more or less a foregone conclusion.  The PS2 is the highest-selling console of all time, after all.

adriane23 said:

... or the Genesis beating the SNES.

Now, that one, on the other hand, is an upset!  I never expected that, especially on a site with a lot of Nintendo fans.

To be completely honest, I think it was a bit of an own goal on their part.  They kind of sabotaged themselves towards the end.  Miguel_Zorro pointed this out earlier in the thread.  When the contest got down to the final three, the SNES and the PS2 got into a bit of a back-and-forth with each other and both forgot about the Genesis.

If the SNES had let the PS2 have first place (which, at that point, they were in no realistic danger of losing) and, instead, focused their attention on the Genesis, I suspect they would have easily wrestled second place away from it.  The only way I can see that they might have come unstuck is if the Genesis and PS2 supporters both picked that time to start downvoting the SNES.  This may also have given the Genesis the edge for second place.

So, I think this may have been a technical victory for the Genesis despite having less support in terms of raw numbers.  One of those cases where one competitor edges another out not because it's what the majority wants, but as an artifact of the strategies encouraged by the rules of the game.

Now, does that mean I'm going to be any less unbearable in touting this as the definitive final word on the battle between Sega and Nintendo?  Good God, no!  Sega won, bitches!  It is finally settled for all time!  Genesis is the superior console!  This is now and forevermore VGChartz's official position on the matter!  The results of this contest are infallible and binding on all gamers, everywhere!

Suck it, Nintendo!  Sega reigns SUPREME!!!!

*raises fist triumphantly*

WHO'S WITH ME!?!?

... ...

... ... ...

adriane23 said:

I did prefer the Genesis though.

Hell yeah!  High five, brother!

*slap*

KLXVER said:

I will still never admit to the Genesis being better than the SNES, but a pretty good list none the less:)

He's a filthy Nintendo lover!  Get him, guys!

*looks around*

I said get him!

*gets gang tackled by Nintendo fans*

ColdFire - The man with no name.

good list, PS2 is indeed GOAT. Dreamcast shouldve been higher tho

Go SEGA Genesis! :)