By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita no longer available at major retailers!

I know Toys R Us is officially out, they clearanced every game and dont sell the system. Target still carries the system(as well as PSP 3000's) but has what few games they have left book style(you can see the spine only) next to the greatest hits 360/PS3/Wii games. I highly doubt gamestop is dropping sales of the system. I do think the Wii U will follow suit within a year.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

New slim model oris vita dead.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

So, apparently it is increased demand for the Vita. Stores probably only ordered enough to meet the demand they were used to, pre-Slim. I'm guessing June NPD numbers could be somewhat close to May's (~45K-50K.)

Strange.. I wonder what this means?

nice

Oh wait, that explains why all the Vita games are in the bargain bin at my local store and they were selling it for 99 dollars..

nice

Around the Network

Another article that says it's increased demand and stock shortage. Nothing more, nothing less.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/2/5865051/ps-vita-supply-out-of-stock-demand

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

I read this today, sounds like they slowed production due to poor sales and now sales are increasing and they can't keep up.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/02/vita-stock-shortage-north-america/

Mystro-Sama said:
Oh that's it. The Vita is officially....... What's below bedrock again?

The Void :D

Perhaps this is just an artificial shortage? Nintendo did it with the Wii. This is a different situation obviously, but still. The idea that Sony would run out of Vita stock sounds ridiculous to me. The idea that it got discontinued, immediately after E3, without Sony announcing it? Even more absurd. Either this is just a fluke or Sony is doing this on purpose. Fluke is probably most likely. It seems very strange that retailers would just let a new model sell out like that.

Who actually cares about PSVita? In Australia, you can hardly find it and in most European countries the same goes. There is the 3DS around stealing all the highlights. Not to mention tablets (iPads).

I really hope it's supply shortages meaning there's a lot of life in Vita instead of discontinuing. The handheld console market, like any market, needs competition, and as much as I love my 3DS I don't want it to be the only thing on the market :(

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS