By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

kupomogli said:

The Last of Us was delayed. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/the-last-of-us-delayed

Also, they don't have much of a history because they usually don't make announcements of a release until the game is almost ready, unlike some studios. 

Oh wow. A month delay. 

TLoU Remastered obviously means that the whole company won't make more than 2 PS4 games this gen. I mean, seriously, the few guys that are working on a remaster that a lot of people want are obviously holding back all the other teams in the studio. 

Let's all take a moment here to cry and whine and accuse the studio of being unable to manage its assets and personnel.

Around the Network

Ok, i'll just go ahead and summarize the point of remastered version of TLOU:

DEMAND

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Hynad said:

Let's all take a moment here to cry and whine and accuse the studio of being unable to manage its assets and personnel.

I see you finally understand.

kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

I see you finally understand.

Understand that you cry and whine over things you know nothing about? Yeah, that much I've known for quite a while now.

"I don't get the point of business."

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
d21lewis said:
I really don't care about this being a re-release. Do you guys have any idea how many times I bought Tomb Raider Legend? No big deal to me. My thing is this: ANY of you motherfuckers that talked shit about Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (which I also bought) and is now suddenly hyped about The Last of Us on PS4 can suck my dirty black cock because you are a HYPOCRITE.

Kinda.. Not quite the same because of the PC. A lot of the negativity came from that side and I somewhat agree with them

Though, despite having the pc version, i still bought it (after a price drop) because i like the game so much, wanted to try to get the plat trophy and wanted to get used to the new Lara face, assuming it'll be the one used in the sequel(s).

Sometimes you just like some games so much that you are okay with double dipping. Sometimes it can be for a more visually appealing experience, others for extra content, others simply to support developers (I do this mainly with smaller devs). nothing wrong with that. I'd trade many games out there (to list a few of the big upcoming ones, Evolve, AC Unity, Destiny, etc) for TLOU HD. And I say this without any shame.

Nor should XB1 owners feel ashamed if their most interesting title this year is Halo MCC. that's fine.

Okay. PC gamers are exempt from sucking my dirty black cock.   

All I care is that Sony and ND are about to get some easy $$$ over all this. And that is what matters x)

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
kupomogli said:
DerNebel said:

So how do people still refuse to understand the point of TLOU RE?

Because it's yet another port.  Not a cross gen title.  A port.  We buy new consoles to play new games, not replay every single game in our library.  Or indies that we could buy on PC for $1.  Lots and lots of crappy indies.

"We?"

The first group of consumners are every single Wii, PC and 360 owner that has migrated to the PS4 and has never played TLOU! Ah yessssssh. Keep talking. lo

The second group are the PS3 owners that were going to buy the PS3 version of TLOU, but decided to wait for the PS4 release. Are you speaking for those "we" also?

Lastly, are the PS3 owners that have already played TLOU, and are going to upgrade to 1080p @ 60 fps just because it's their decision to do what they want. You can cry about it now or later. 

FATALITY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not sure why people are even bothered by last gen ports. Nobody is obliged to buy them.

There are a lot of games I'd like to see ported and make use of the superior hardware.

bcuz people wants to ps4 stop selling. 

That's basically the butt hurt PC, Wii and Xbone fanbase. So salty! :D  lol

kupomogli said:
michael_stutzer said:

Can you show me how the remastering of TLOU affects the development of other games? Which game got canned? Which game was delayed?

Do you think The Last of Us for PS4 is porting itself over?  Resources and manpower are used regardless how you want to spin it.  Uncharted 4 is being made still because Naughty Dog has two teams, something which has been known since 2011.  So yes, the remastering of The Last of Us is effecting development of a new game.  If they weren't porting The Last of Us Remastered, they'd be working on another game, so they're delaying the development of whatever they would have had planned.

Do you think that ideas for "new" games just grow on trees and are automatically born out of thin air? Ideas take time from concept art to game. The game will be released in 27 days. This gives the development team practice to learn the software development kits for the PS4. This will give them tips on how to approach the development of Uncharted 4 and any other title in the future. This "porting" effort is four fold.

1) Giving former Nintendo, Microsoft and new gamers the oportunity to play one of the greastes games created on the PS4.

2) Giving PS3 owners that have not played TLOU that want 1080p @ 60 fps a chance to play this game

3) PS3 owners that that want to upgrade from 720p @ 30 fps to 1080p @ 60 fps.

4) Profit

5) Development tool experience for the PS4