By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrconnect Most Wanted: July 2014 - Results!

Tagged games:

Michael-5 said:
JEMC said:
Michael-5 said:

To be honest, this thread is going to be real boring for the next little while. Nothing big was announced at E3 (except Zelda). XB1 and PS4's library is pretty much unchanged and there isn't much announced for the 3DS/Vita....I can see people reposting each month.

Until Smash Bros, Sunset Overdrive, the last few PS3 JRPG's, Pokemon and Halo release (which is October/November), I don't see this list changing much. I hope Tokyo Game show proves me wrong, I could really use some good Japanese stuff.

Still great job Salnax. If it weren't for you, I'd leave VGC and spend more time playing games. Nice to see WiiU with such an obviously unbiased portion of the vote .

There's also Gamescon in August, which could bring some new games too.

Yes that's true, but is Gamescon known for 1st party debuts? It's mostly 3rd party. 3rd party is still awesome, but I don't see anything bigger then Uncharted, Halo 5 and Zelda being announced before those games release.

I wouldn't be surprised if Media Molecule or Quantic Dream are there to show off their new game. They both have been in development for 3 years.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
Michael-5 said:
JEMC said:
Michael-5 said:

To be honest, this thread is going to be real boring for the next little while. Nothing big was announced at E3 (except Zelda). XB1 and PS4's library is pretty much unchanged and there isn't much announced for the 3DS/Vita....I can see people reposting each month.

Until Smash Bros, Sunset Overdrive, the last few PS3 JRPG's, Pokemon and Halo release (which is October/November), I don't see this list changing much. I hope Tokyo Game show proves me wrong, I could really use some good Japanese stuff.

Still great job Salnax. If it weren't for you, I'd leave VGC and spend more time playing games. Nice to see WiiU with such an obviously unbiased portion of the vote .

Yes that's true, but is Gamescon known for 1st party debuts? It's mostly 3rd party. 3rd party is still awesome, but I don't see anything bigger then Uncharted, Halo 5 and Zelda being announced before those games release.

I wouldn't be surprised if Media Molecule or Quantic Dream are there to show off their new game. They both have been in development for 3 years.

And given that Europe isn't going well for them, MSoft should unveil something new there aswell to get a little attention. And by unveiling something new, I'm not talking about Quantum Break, which we know will be there.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yeah I too am really hoping for some announcements at Gamescom. Don't see my list changing until games actually release unless there are some more announcements soon.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Michael-5 said:
JEMC said:
Michael-5 said:

Didn't Quantic Dreams just release Beyond: Two Souls? I don't think they'll already have something ready so soon.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Didn't Quantic Dreams just release Beyond: Two Souls? I don't think they'll already have something ready so soon.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/03/quantic-dream-has-been-working-on-ps4-since-2011/

According to that they've been working for 3 years on PS4. So yeah it wouldn't be too surprising to see them at Gamescom, but Media Molecule is more likely to show up.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
Post away! I'll just write a few observations here tomorrow.

I know you're busy and all, but just a reminder.I love your observations!

Spam Comment Removed - Conegamer

My biggest observation is how I generally only put games 2-8 months off while many people are fine anticipating games 12-24 months away. Also, I struggle and change my games month to month agonizing over who makes the cut while others seem to have staple five for months.

Augen said:
My biggest observation is how I generally only put games 2-8 months off while many people are fine anticipating games 12-24 months away. Also, I struggle and change my games month to month agonizing over who makes the cut while others seem to have staple five for months.

Well, one thing goes with the other, don't they?

If you make a list that are close to launch you'll have to change it very often, but if you make a list with games that are far from launch then it's easier to get the same games for months.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Augen said:

Problem is how many really amazing games are releasing in 2014? I have enough old games to keep me occupied while I wait for some of the 2015 heavy hitters, so I don't really get hyped for games I'll likley buy one day in 2014.

I rarely buy games day 1, unless they are really good. That said I'm sitting here waiting for XenoBlade and Mass Effect specifically, so I'll keep voting them every month while I play some 6th and 8th gen classics (mostly focusing on those two gens). I want to vote for a 2014 title, but I'm just not really into much for 2014. Not a fan of fighters (Smash Bros), don't know much about Destiny, don't care about annual/biannual releases (Assassin's Creed/Forza/Call of Duty), nor do I care much about remasters/remakes (TLoU/Halo2/Pokemon) and yea....

Plus, I want to literally vote my most hyped games, regardless of realease date, so that others who look at the results can see they exist/are hyped. I joined VGC because of how conclusive these threads were, and how they gave a great list of games to look forward to. Using these results, I rarely feel I forget a game, no matter how niche it is.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results