By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrconnect Most Wanted: July 2014 - Results!

Tagged games:

Augen said:
Michael-5 said:

We literally are opposites, I just focus on what I want until the stuff I really really want come out.

As for what you mentioned in 2014.......do you really have time for all that? I'll probably pick up Tales of Xillia 2 and Zesteria, but I'm in no rush. I still haven't finished Xillia nor Graces f, so why buy the sequel?

I know I can manage completeing about 1 game per month, so your list for 2014 would take me to 2016 lol. I have to skip a lot of stuff like that.

The answer to that is honestly...no. I struggle with a backlog that I never let get above ten games and I often put off games for months if not years after release.  I also have had to learn many games I burn through ignoring side quests and all for.  I have finished Xillia and Grace f so no issue there actually.

I can complete some games in a day or two, like a God of War, Infamous, or Uncharted, but it is my love of RPGs that does me in as even burning through takes two-three weeks generally.  If only I didn't have my business and social life and other interests!  

It is funny, as a kid I got 1-3 new games a year and played them for 100s of hours (I must have beaten Chrono Trigger a dozen times on SNES), now I have money for all the games I could want and no time for all of them, much less to revisit games.  Not sure if that is right, but when you are financially secure with no children (yet) I guess I am not hurting anyone. Just makes me chuckle when people grumble about "No Games!" on forums when I feel buried in them at times.

I'd rather play less and enjoy what I have then burn through everything they can make. I don't know how you have the time for it though, on average I only get an 1-2 hours a day in, and yea stuff like Resident Evil are only 12 hours long so I can beat them in a week, but stuff like XenoBlade are 60+ hours long and I need 1-2 months. Even then some games like Bravely Default get very repetative, I can't add more then 5 hours a week despite it being my primary game atm.

I don't like rushing through games, so what I do is I make a note of games (like Danganroppa and Tales of Hearts R) and I get them when I have some spare time.

For me the big thing is I love 90's gaming and I was too young/impressionable to really play the better 90's games. I didn't beat Chrono Trigger until about 10 years ago, and since then I've been puting a huge focus on 90's games. I'm only just now buying a Sega Saturn, and I still have 25 or so PS1 games to beat. After that I have about 20 or so PS2 RPG's to beat and maybe 5 onthe DC. I literally have a backlog of about 200 games, but it gives me the freedom to play what I want, when I want to play it.

But everyone is different right? Kudos for having the time for all those games, I wish I had the time/energy for all that.

----

P.S. Hannibal is awesome.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

cool man

Mr Khan said:
Post-E3 diversity is always fun to see, basically the most complete picture of the site's different tastes.

Would be nice to get enrollment up a little, though.

I think it's time to abuse your mod powers for good. Make voting manditory and ban everyone who doesn't vote MUHAHAHAHAHa

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Excellent job as usual, Salnax! And interesting results too!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Augen said:

The answer to that is honestly...no. I struggle with a backlog that I never let get above ten games and I often put off games for months if not years after release.

So I have a question for you. Have you beaten every single retro game you've ever wanted to play?

It's just I have a hard time seeing a need to buy all these brand new for the full retail price when I know about so many great retro games which I've missed out on. Even something as little as Startropics (which I just started playing now), when some of the retro games look more interesting then the newer games, I have trouble buying new games. So what I end up doing is snagging them when they drop to about $20, only because after that JRPG's often get pulled off shelves and go up in price.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

So I have a question for you. Have you beaten every single retro game you've ever wanted to play?

It's just I have a hard time seeing a need to buy all these brand new for the full retail price when I know about so many great retro games which I've missed out on. Even something as little as Startropics (which I just started playing now), when some of the retro games look more interesting then the newer games, I have trouble buying new games. So what I end up doing is snagging them when they drop to about $20, only because after that JRPG's often get pulled off shelves and go up in price.

I was more like you in the 90s playing a handful of games a year for hours on end.  If a game is big enough I make time, I have however missed many mid level titles I have been curious about but lack of time and funds through life means so many of my wants slip through.  Of that list earlier I want all of them, but I know several of them will not be able to play.

I can say there is no major old title I feel as a "hole" of sorts in my personal gaming experience. Just a bunch of small holes that I have made peace with missing out on.

I should note I expect this all to fall by the wayside once kids enter the mix in the future.

Augen said:
Michael-5 said:

I was more like you in the 90s playing a handful of games a year for hours on end.  If a game is big enough I make time, I have however missed many mid level titles I have been curious about but lack of time and funds through life means so many of my wants slip through.  Of that list earlier I want all of them, but I know several of them will not be able to play.

I can say there is no major old title I feel as a "hole" of sorts in my personal gaming experience. Just a bunch of small holes that I have made peace with missing out on.

I should note I expect this all to fall by the wayside once kids enter the mix in the future.

I see, so we are exact opposites. I have no problem mising out on stuff like Freedom Wars so I can play Breath of Fire.

Kids will take away all your time, so make sure you're satisified with them (and the wife because her legs won't be opening as often either), before you jump in.

nice :)

please follow and/or share my project!!!  :) http://igg.me/p/854307/x