By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says only "natural disaster" could keep TVs in red this year

I think Sony needs to stop investing in high end T.V.s... They don't even have a decent 32 inch on their site anymore.

Around the Network
Azerth said:
so place your bets what will be the disaster?

could be anything from LG, Samsung undercutting or outperforming them. Currency fluxations, economic downturns, product recall, allowing marketting numpties to make such unrealistic predictions...again. my bet is on the unrealistic expectations but they will blame unexpected world economic downturn.

believe it when I see it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Wow, that's bold. I will say though that I was at Best Buy today and they had TONS of Sony TVs including a good number of the 4K tvs.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, at least sales should jump a lot with their huge ad campaign at the World Cup and if they could really reduce costs it could happen. If sales wouldn't jump even with the huge ad campaign something would be really odd. 

Sony is paying around $120 million to FIFA for this year. 

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
World cup effect?

Exactaly what came to my mind.

Anyway, if TV bussiness break even, there is any other area that can put sony bussiness in the red?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Big words, now to back them up.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

How did they predict the natural disaster this year? I'm impressed with that.

nanarchy said:
Azerth said:
so place your bets what will be the disaster?

could be anything from LG, Samsung undercutting or outperforming them. Currency fluxations, economic downturns, product recall, allowing marketting numpties to make such unrealistic predictions...again. my bet is on the unrealistic expectations but they will blame unexpected world economic downturn.

i think he means natural disaster, as in 'only a natural disaster could keep Sony TV's from returning to profit this year'.

I bet on some good old god-smiting-apocalypse meteorite action.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Don't tempt fate, Sony. The gods don't like that...