By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says only "natural disaster" could keep TVs in red this year

hmm.....i dont belive. imagine if they blame a minor earthquake thingy t hing things for -100K on profit hahaha

Around the Network
Azerth said:
so place your bets what will be the disaster?

a bad winter?

When the next big natural disaster happens this year then we at least know who to blame it on. Thanks, Sony!

What if there's a little one? Not enough to damage the factory but enough to shake lots of people's TVs and make them fall to the floor and smash, so they have to buy new ones? (o_0)

I'm not sure I could handle seeing a profitable sony tv division. My emotions.

nanarchy said:

I would really like to see Sony TV's climb back up to the top, once upon a time Sony TV's were the only thing to buy, that time has long past though. both LG and Samsung already have significantly cheaper 4k TV's available than Sony and Samsung has arguably better quality ones in the top end range. The competition in 4k is already very hot.

I like the sound of this one..

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-xbr-55x900b/

The Bottom Line If you can stand its speakers, Sony's XBR-X900B will reward you with the best combination of audio and video quality you've ever seen (or heard).

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Sal.Paradise said:

nanarchy said:

I would really like to see Sony TV's climb back up to the top, once upon a time Sony TV's were the only thing to buy, that time has long past though. both LG and Samsung already have significantly cheaper 4k TV's available than Sony and Samsung has arguably better quality ones in the top end range. The competition in 4k is already very hot.

The Bottom Line If you can stand its speakers, Sony's XBR-X900B will reward you with the best combination of audio and video quality you've ever seen (or heard).

I like that TV, but the speakers put me off.  Surely anyone spending this much on a TV has (like me) a really good AV set up.  The speakers would be redundant and in the way.

I'm shocked! 

Anyway I don't know, maybe you could use them as a center channel?

thats good an all but i cant see the mainstream market for the 4k resolution for a while..

kowenicki said:
Sal.Paradise said:
kowenicki said:
Sal.Paradise said:

nanarchy said:

I like that TV, but the speakers put me off.  Surely anyone spending this much on a TV has (like me) a really good AV set up.  The speakers would be redundant and in the way.

I'm shocked! 

Anyway I don't know, maybe you could use them as a center channel?

I am actually looking at a sony tv... why are you shocked?

A center channel?  I have a center channel. A monitor audio silver series.  Those speakers wont come close.  Thats my point (and the reviewers point I believe).

Hah, what an awful dilemma to have. 

Good luck in your search! Pls buy a Sony!

I can't see 4K adoption happening in large enough numbers to meet Sony's forecasts, unless there is more native 4K content available.

JWeinCom said:
I can't see 4K adoption happening in large enough numbers to meet Sony's forecasts, unless there is more native 4K content available.

Isn't it true that most TV networks are not even broadcasting in 1080p but in 1080i because of bandwidth concerns?  

What format will be most widely used for native 4K content?