By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Tomodachi life bombing in the West hurt other Japanese games chances of being localized?

Nope

They will continue to try. Localized games don't need to sell that much to make a profit. Plus, they want the next Animal Crossing or Smash Bros. (Games originally to be Japan-Only)

Around the Network

At E3 Reggie stated that Tomodachi Life had exceeded their expectations in its first week...and I presume it did decent digital numbers.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Faaaaar from being a flop man

Didn't it actually do better in its second week in the US than its first???
I think this is the kind if game that requires some observation over time before being written off...

Have a nice day...

no.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

See a good amount of people who knew about this game were not gonna buy it for two reasons.

One some may be mad because if the 3ds was Region free those people could have bought it months ago.

Two while I usually am on the side of youtubers playing games being beneficial to sales. Alas a type of game like this is the type of game many will only watch and never buy, for they could get special items, fan feedback, and a slew of Qr codes.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

It didnt flop. Most Japanese games dont sell that great in the west anyway. However the game does have a strong word-of-mouth to it. Ive convinced 3 people to buy it already. I think you were setting your expectations a bit too high, especially when it had controversy surrounding it due to America calling anything that doesnt have homosexuality "homophobic" :p

Good news everyone!

“We just launched Tomodachi Life. The Tomodachi Life numbers were significantly stronger than we had forecasted and planned. That’s because it’s a vibrant platform.”

-The Regginator

This game will have massive legs and pull out great numbers in the end. Early call.

.... Who the fucked asked for this game? >.>

Nintendo be like "Oh you want Yokai Watch?" Then proceeds to take a dump in your lap.