By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's a good game to play in front of a non-gaming girlfriend?

Tagged games:

You could play MGS4 from start to end watching every cutscene (~20 hours). Force her to stay and watch the entire game.

Or you could just play The Last of Us.

Around the Network

Have you considered Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls?

Heavy Rain. Even more so if she is into crime dramas like Law & Order.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Most video games, honestly.

But mainly the ones where things on the screen can entertain even just by watching.

d21lewis said:

Since it's a new relationship, she's in the "I want to pretend I'll like everything that you like" phase (which comes before the "why do you like such stupid shit?" phase).

Wait a sec. I'm familiar with phase "two," but are you sure you're not just making up the first phase?

Also, Tomadachi Life!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Heavy Rain. Even more so if she is into crime dramas like Law & Order.

Is there many woman that are not? ;)

Aside from massive generalization right there, that was my first thought too (hence my post before) - I find it's a perfect connection between movies/TV and games for people who actually don't play games and I've seen this both with men and women.

I think the obvious choices are Bayonetta or senran kagura or Dead or Alive 5. That'll go over well.

For my wife, I pick fun or cute things like LittleBigPlanet or go with older characters you recognizes like Mario. She also likes bright and pretty games with pleasant soundtracks, so she's a big fan of Final Fantasy.

Things that are out:
Horror games
FPS titles
Things with too many explosions or annoying noise (few exceptions)
Things with frequent non-English voice acting (Zelda, Japanese voice acted games, etc)

It'll be different with every person though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Busted said:
How about paying attention to her instead of doing something she doesn't like to do? :o

Thanks, love expert....but she ASKED me to play a game while she watches.  I actually refused but next time she comes over, I'll play something. Probably Heavy Rain or Tomb Raider.  You've been a great help, though.

My girlfriend liked watching me play Pikmin. She thought it was adorable and kept giving me (terrible) strategic advice.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m