By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's a good game to play in front of a non-gaming girlfriend?

Tagged games:

Telltale games, journey, flower, rayman, portal, cho aniki.

Around the Network

My GF loves COD...I hate it. So my problems are like the total opposite of everyone else's.

fleischr said:
Zork

If she doesn't enjoy the setting, it's her fault.

Tetris Party (or any console based Tetris you can play on a big screen).

Just sit and watch on the couch beside her, and subtly grind your pelvis from side to side in appreciation whenever she gets four lines.

You will ABSOLUTELY get the rocketship ending.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

d21lewis said:

It's not the first time I've been through this.  In fact, I already know which game I'm going to play.  I just thought it would make for a great thread.  Anyway, I have a new GF and she saw my gaming room.  Since it's a new relationship, she's in the "I want to pretend I'll like everything that you like" phase (which comes before the "why do you like such stupid shit?" phase).

The question:  What's a good game to play that will keep a girl's attention (if she only wants to watch and not play).  And whoever posts something like BMX XXX or Dead Or Alive Xtreme--let me be the first to tell you how creative and funny you are!

Definately The Last Of Us.  No game I played ever enthralled her as much.  In fact she made me wait for her so she could see the whole story.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Busted said:
How about paying attention to her instead of doing something she doesn't like to do? :o

Thanks, love expert....but she ASKED me to play a game while she watches.  I actually refused but next time she comes over, I'll play something. Probably Heavy Rain or Tomb Raider.  You've been a great help, though.

Forget Tomb Raider. You get lost doing side tombs, climbing, etc... and she will lose interest. The great thing about Heavy Rain is that it plays out like a film. She can easily follow along.

Grab Heavy Rain.

Thank me later.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Busted said:
How about paying attention to her instead of doing something she doesn't like to do? :o

Yeah, see that's the thing about relationships. If you want to make it work you BOTH have to at least attempt or accept what the other person likes to do. Sooo, while you are right you are only half right because on the time he wants to play a game, after he has already spent ample time with her likes and needs (which should be more often than the times spent doing what he wants to do in my experience) she should be willing to pay attention to him and what he likes.

there is only one game you can and should play with a gf that is a non gamer...

...Hide the sausage.

The Last of Us. When I play it, everyone (including girls and other non-gaming people like the elderly) stops doing whatever they are doing and watch it.

Little Big Planet. It's adorable and Co OP.