By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nippon Ichi developing for DS.

Nippon Ichi is a Japanese gamedeveloper that is well known for their tactical RPG's. Their biggest game yet is Disgaea.

I think it's very nice to get this kind of support from medium sized developers. 

They have a total of 5 DS games in development. And no, we aren't talking casual this or shoffelware that. We are talking about: 1 Puzzlegame, 1 actionoriented game, 1 RPG, 1 tactical RPG and a managament simulator. All of these games are supposed to release between April 2008 and May 2009 in Japan, if all goes according to plan.

If you're lucky you might just see an American release for some of this...

Source: http://wiiz.fr/article.php?a=16597  (French site)...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

wow. so they are using their A,B,C,D,E team. no?

I don't know, that many games at once, I smell shovelware.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

Nah, Nippon Ichi ain't about shovelware... Ask EA, they know more about that!

THE NETHERLANDS

Puzzle games aren't for casuals? What about Management simulation? Today your job as a manager is to try and fire a Union member... if you can do it within 6 months you get 100%, if he claims Alcohol abuse you automatically fail..

Kidding guys... Seriously I was kidding I know it goes both ways and my example in no way resembles real life. I actually like unions and management both equally.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ok, ok... 2 a little more casual oriented titles. 3 hardcore titles. Seems fine with me!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:
kingofwale said:

I know they aren't, but balancing 5 DS games, ontop of their other console games, you can't expect the same quality from all their teams. I say at least 1-2 throw-away games in the mix. Most likely the actionoriented game.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
StarcraftManiac said:
kingofwale said:

I know they aren't, but balancing 5 DS games, ontop of their other console games, you can't expect the same quality from all their teams. I say at least 1-2 throw-away games in the mix. Most likely the actionoriented game.

You're just relentess aren't you? Do you know how many games they have in production and for what consoles?

Holy shit, 5 games so suddenly? They expressed interest a few months ago but it seemed like nothing came of it - guess that was a premature conclusion.

Oh - and loving the NIS shovelware claims now that they're making DS games. Enjoying the fanboy damage control, always makes me love VGC a little more.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

fkusumot said:
kingofwale said:
StarcraftManiac said:
kingofwale said:

You're just relentess aren't you? Do you know how many games they have in production and for what consoles?

was that a rthorical question? 5 DS games, with 2 other already announced games. + most likely 1-2 games unannounced (probably at least 1 next gen games). 8-9 games at once is HUGE for NIS.

selnor
Episode 2:

@kingofwhale

you realize 5 ds games require much less resources than 5 PS3 games right... and you did notice that they are being released over a period of one year.... I would not be suprised if it took than same amount of Dev Resouces to make 5 DS games, and it would to make 2 PS3 games... maybe even closes to 5/1.5

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut