By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nippon Ichi developing for DS.

kingofwale said:
Kasz216 said:
kingofwale said:
wow. so they are using their A,B,C,D,E team. no?

I don't know, that many games at once, I smell shovelware.

I don't even think they have 5 teams. It's likely all being done by the same team. All of their SRPGS have been using the same tactics engine that since the early PS2 days.

Seriously, Play Disgaea 3 when it comes. Then play Disgaea 1... then play every other NIS game.

It's the madden of SRPGs... except they don't care about making the graphics up to date.

I played Disgaea on my PSP (via PS1 game) before, and now I'm playing Disgaea Darkness for PSP, they are all very decent SRPG games, and this is saying something since I just finished playing one of the best SRPG game on PSP (Jeanne D'Arc)

No knocking on NIS, but 5 DS games at once?

You already knocked on them with the "I smell shovelware" and "1-2 throw-away games" comments. Are you doing a furious backpedal now?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
kingofwale said:
wow. so they are using their A,B,C,D,E team. no?

I don't know, that many games at once, I smell shovelware.

I don't even think they have 5 teams. It's likely all being done by the same team. All of their SRPGS have been using the same tactics engine that since the early PS2 days.

Seriously, Play Disgaea 3 when it comes. Then play Disgaea 1... then play every other NIS game.

It's the madden of SRPGs... except they don't care about making the graphics up to date.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13014.html

Just let him troll alone. Let`s not forget that Nippon Ichi release a lot of PS2 games in a small time period. The games I have played so far on the PS2: La Pucelle Tatics, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, Soul Nomad, Grim Grimoire (this one is published I think). Also they did develop and publish a lot of Japan only titles.

One just needs to play a single game to understand how they do it so fast. 90% of them play and looks the same, the biggest difference is the story.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

>@Kingofwhale: 5 DS games is perfectly manageable in 26 months! And who knows how long they have been developping already behind closed doors.

I think you are mistaken, they clearly state it's until May 09, which is just a little over 12 months.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

kingofwale said:
>@Kingofwhale: 5 DS games is perfectly manageable in 26 months! And who knows how long they have been developping already behind closed doors.

I think you are mistaken, they clearly state it's until May 09, which is just a little over 12 months.

But they've been in development for longer than that. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

kingofwale said:

It's more than a little over 12 months. They also have probably been in development for over 12 months, right? They probably re-use a bunch of assetts, right? Can you use the quote button?

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:

kingofwale said:

But they've been in development for longer than that.

But the thing is, We don't know that!

They just have Disgaea 3 out on PS3 and they also have a PS2 title due in a little over a month. Let's say they transfered their team from PS3 team to 5 DS titles the second it went gold. That will give them a little over 15 months. 

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

Oops! I'm still living in 2007. What a fine gaming year hehe! I assume they have been programming behind closed doors for atleast 6 months prior to these announcements. Those 2 casual games will probably come out first. And I assume 1 of those 2 RPG games will be a PS1 port. There's no reason to say it's shovelware just yet.

Joeron said:
Oops! I'm still living in 2007. What a fine gaming year hehe! I assume they have been programming behind closed doors for atleast 6 months prior to these announcements. Those 2 casual games will probably come out first. And I assume 1 of those 2 RPG games will be a PS1 port. There's no reason to say it's shovelware just yet.

Lol, that's cool.

I don't think they had 6 months before, since they JUST finished a PS3 game with PS2 games coming soon in March.

I have no question about their ability to make good RPG game, but action-oriented game? management game? I still say it's most likely shovelware. 

selnor
Episode 2:

kingofwale said:
Joeron said:

Lol, that's cool.

I don't think they had 6 months before, since they JUST finished a PS3 game with PS2 games coming soon in March.

I have no question about their ability to make good RPG game, but action-oriented game? management game? I still say it's most likely shovelware.

So because it's action-based, it has to be shovelware...?

I'm sorry, when did these standards come into place? 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

kingofwale said:
Joeron said:

Lol, that's cool.

I still say you don't know. Nice FUD.