By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nippon Ichi developing for DS.

fkusumot said:
Faxanadu said:
i think you guys are mean, teaming up on one poor ps3 supporter. only cause he hates NIS games doesnt make him a bad person. I mean look at the shovelware that is Disgaea 3! (obviously, never played it)

Yeah, and the thread was shitted up from the first response. Amazingly it was the person you think is getting teamed up on.

Either I need to work on my writing skills or you on your reading comprehension.

Galaki got it 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Wow Sony PR has been hard at work in here. NIS is going to be pumping out shovelware now? Can you name one game NIS has done that can be classified as shovelware? Their games are always amazingly good and highly addictive. I bought a PS2 just for them and Culdcept so I am unbelievably excited to hear they are making plenty of DS games.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

kingofwale said:
Garcian Smith said:
Well, with the news that Sony paid NIS a boatload of cash to put Disgaea 3 on the PS3 rather than PS2 - and with the lackluster sales of that game in Japan - this doesn't surprise me. But it does represent another formerly Playstation-exclusive developer jumping ship.

yeah, we all know if Disgaea 3 would've sold millions of copies if it's on PS2, right? like how Disgaea 2 sold millions of copies before it in Japan alone. Please look up sales number first. It's what this website is for.

Way to exaggerate there, chief. There's no doubt that the game would have sold much better were it on the PS2 - or a system like the DS - instead of the PS3.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Faxanadu said:
fkusumot said:
Faxanadu said:
i think you guys are mean, teaming up on one poor ps3 supporter. only cause he hates NIS games doesnt make him a bad person. I mean look at the shovelware that is Disgaea 3! (obviously, never played it)

Yeah, and the thread was shitted up from the first response. Amazingly it was the person you think is getting teamed up on.

Either I need to work on my writing skills or you on your reading comprehension.

Galaki got it

Yes, I got it. The Disgaea comment made it very obvious!

the management simulator has me interested

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Joeron said:

I believe Okami is being ported by 5 people? but 1 team memeber. wow, he just be lonely. lol

Also, the fact NIS really never had much DS experience doesn't really scream "All 5 will be good games", I would actually love if they stick with what they are best at (SRPG) and do 2 DS games in that genre to test the water first.

It's the DS remember, it's the easiest and most open platform and not one of those complicated home consoles with complicated graphics and controlls. And programming for stylus controlls isn't harder than programming controlls for a mouse. It's a kid's game for programmers, really. They are so confident they can pull it off that they make 5 games for it Also I agree they should stick to what they do best though.

kingofwale said:
Kasz216 said:
kingofwale said:
wow. so they are using their A,B,C,D,E team. no?

I don't know, that many games at once, I smell shovelware.

I don't even think they have 5 teams. It's likely all being done by the same team. All of their SRPGS have been using the same tactics engine that since the early PS2 days.

Seriously, Play Disgaea 3 when it comes. Then play Disgaea 1... then play every other NIS game.

It's the madden of SRPGs... except they don't care about making the graphics up to date.

I played Disgaea on my PSP (via PS1 game) before, and now I'm playing Disgaea Darkness for PSP, they are all very decent SRPG games, and this is saying something since I just finished playing one of the best SRPG game on PSP (Jeanne D'Arc)

No knocking on NIS, but 5 DS games at once?

Yeah, i own Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics... and on other NI strategy game whose name i'm missing.... and will buy Disgaea 3.

The point is that if you play them all... you notice the all run on the same engine with slight changes, with the same level of graphics and in many many cases they've actually recycled the art from previous games.

Outside of writing the story they don't take much work.

Disgaea 3 probably cost less then Carnival Games to make. 

lol, this went downhill fast...

How do you know they did not hire a few more employees with expansion into handhelds in mind? I mean the Casual games could be made by an entirely different team. The casual games are much different than their past work.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

This article say they are also quite busy with PS3 and PSP titles.

Link: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1050.html

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
This article say they are also quite busy with PS3 and PSP titles.

Link: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1050.html

Note also how the PS3 game too them less then a year after they figured out the PS3's hardware.  For all we know the PSP games could of been moved to the DS.