By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Honestly think consoles are a dying breed, just like handhelds

Nettles said:
hadlee73 said:
From someone who has worked in computer tech support, the average consumer tends to give up pretty quickly on PC gaming the first time they have to go through an entire update of their drivers just to get a game to behave correctly on their rig.

The dumbing down of society continues.

Explain

Around the Network
Nettles said:
hadlee73 said:
From someone who has worked in computer tech support, the average consumer tends to give up pretty quickly on PC gaming the first time they have to go through an entire update of their drivers just to get a game to behave correctly on their rig.

The dumbing down of society continues.

On the contrary, have you tried teaching anyone over the age of 40 how to use a computercheck their email?

At the same time, you have 4, 5, and 6 year olds learning to read by playing games on tablets.

Rather than dumbing down, Society is focusing on different things.

God help us if an EMP wipes out all technology though, I doubt many people here know how to start a fire.

without checking online first/using a lighter/match and gasoline/flint + coal

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I like consoles so much, it is so cool when a new one is released. It is like to fall in love with a new woman or something, it is just awesome. I guess it is a matter of taste,

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Average Joe don't want to be bothered with hardware stuff and drivers and other shit. Average Joe uses his PC to browse the internet and instead play games on consoles in a couch in front of a big screen tv.

I guess some people can't be arsed to update their drivers, change their rigs once in a while, etc...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

"Consoles are dying"

OH! so that's why "Watch Dogs" sold 0,2 mln units on PC and 3,8 mln units on consoles first week.

Nettles said:
We will see maybe one more gen of consoles then thats that.PC gaming is the strongest it has been in years thanks to the new digital distribution model, consoles are yesterdays news and have peaked in sales.This gen console sales will be less than 2/3 last gens.

Hell no, theres a reason ports to PC are released later because theres too much piracy, consoles always sell more just look at Minecraft on consoles already surpassing sales on PC, Watchdogs selling millions on consoles and thousands on PC.

PS4 and Xbox One are tracking ahead of PS3 and X360 is only Wii U thats lacking way behind the phenomenon called Wii.

I think by the end of the gen PS360 will be more than PS4/XB1, but I would never say they're dying. A new gen always starts off slow.

Rafux said:
Nettles said:
We will see maybe one more gen of consoles then thats that.PC gaming is the strongest it has been in years thanks to the new digital distribution model, consoles are yesterdays news and have peaked in sales.This gen console sales will be less than 2/3 last gens.

Hell no, theres a reason ports to PC are released later because theres too much piracy, consoles always sell more just look at Minecraft on consoles already surpassing sales on PC, Watchdogs selling millions on consoles and thousands on PC.

PS4 and Xbox One are tracking ahead of PS3 and X360 is only Wii U thats lacking way behind the phenomenon called Wii.

VGChartz doesn't even track PC digital sales correct? So it's worthless for PC tracking.Most PC sales are done digitally these days.

Nettles said:
Rafux said:
Nettles said:

VGChartz doesn't even track PC digital sales correct? So it's worthless for PC tracking.Most PC sales are done digitally these days.

Yea about when they are 70% off on Steam, sales on consoles are bigger just look at Minecraft and how some games are released later to avoid piracy.