By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Honestly think consoles are a dying breed, just like handhelds

PullusPardus said:

consoles have become pointless, since they're using the same architecture as a pc, and they're basically all about software updates and downloads nowadays, I don't see what's the point of them anymore,

they Have become a poor man's pc,

More like practical man's PC

You can argue they're cheaper but so are PCS, you can get a better pc for the same price

No, you cant. Not compared to PS4 at least.

and upgrade it from there, and that will last you till your motherboard explodes (forever),

you get cheaper games,

and DRM

more functionality,

...with more complications, potential viruses and data theft

more room for tweaking and more ways to play,

Tweaking? Sure. More ways to play? No. No motion controlls, no gamepads and no local multiplayer/split screen

also free online and unrestricted services.

filled with hackers, moders and asshole administrators

Look I'm not saying this as a pc gamer I'm saying this as a fellow gamer, handhelds have buttons over phones, consoles have nothing over PCS

Except simplicity, price, local multiplayer, optimization, library, support and developers priority 

so what's the point of them nowadays?

See above

In the old days it made a lot more sense, consoles were meant to be "plug in and play" experience as in you buy a game from the store and you stick it on the console and play, now you buy it off the store and install it, and then download the patch and hope everything works fine, what difference is there from a PC? I would love to hear what you think the difference is. 

Downloadable patches are a usefull thing, conoles adopting them is a good thing. How does this this make them a dying breed? 

Now developers are always talking about graphics and how much 1080p 60 fps their game is,

It's like they are trying to sell their product or something...

it's like you bought a console so you can argue about specs on the Internet instead of playing it,  and then comes ps5 with PS4 games with updated graphics "how it's meant to be played" crap by developers,  and the sad thing people always get sucked

Next gen updates were always being released on consoles, even in the 6th and 5th gen, this is nothing new

into that pr bullshit, I could argue for a long time but tell me, whats so different about a PS4 and a PC? 

One is a leading platform of the industry and and the other is a platform that was mostly niche since the late 90's

Around the Network

Pretty generalised statement there.Console sales are bigger.So Diablo 3 sold more on PS3 than PC? Individually mine raft sold the most on PC but yes, if you add up all console platform sales yes together they are more.

Diablo III and Minecraft were first on PC... Also there are more PC's then consoles and no Minecraft is not a high-end game...

daredevil.shark said:
PullusPardus said:

consoles have become pointless, since they're using the same architecture as a pc, and they're basically all about software updates and downloads nowadays, I don't see what's the point of them anymore, they Have become a poor man's pc,

You can argue they're cheaper but so are PCS, you can get a better pc for the same price and upgrade it from there, and that will last you till your motherboard explodes (forever), you get cheaper games, more functionality, more room for tweaking and more ways to play, also free online and unrestricted services.

Look I'm not saying this as a pc gamer I'm saying this as a fellow gamer, handhelds have buttons over phones, consoles have nothing over PCS so what's the point of them nowadays? In the old days it made a lot more sense, consoles were meant to be "plug in and play" experience as in you buy a game from the store and you stick it on the console and play, now you buy it off the store and install it, and then download the patch and hope everything works fine, what difference is there from a PC? I would love to hear what you think the difference is. 

Now developers are always talking about graphics and how much 1080p 60 fps their game is, it's like you bought a console so you can argue about specs on the Internet instead of playing it,  and then comes ps5 with PS4 games with updated graphics "how it's meant to be played" crap by developers,  and the sad thing people always get sucked into that pr bullshit, I could argue for a long time but tell me, whats so different about a PS4 and a PC? 

Lol. No offense. If you are saying as a gamer then kudos. But I have seen a lot of PC only gamers who always bad mouth consoles, brings powerful rig as defense. But in reality many of those friends are really jealous of consoles; especially exclusives.

Average joe dont care about 1080p 60fps. If they cared then we could see all multiplats selling 90% in PS4 and 10% in Xbox One. People want to play in a system that is plug and play. PS3 was weaker than Xbox 360. But didnt that mean all multiplats sold 80% in Xbox 360. Nope. It didnt.

PC only gamers don't give a rats ass about cinema games and watered down shooters when we've already got the biggest and best genres around - LoL, Dota2, SC2, CS:Go, and MMORPGs.

Nettles said:
hadlee73 said:
From someone who has worked in computer tech support, the average consumer tends to give up pretty quickly on PC gaming the first time they have to go through an entire update of their drivers just to get a game to behave correctly on their rig.

The dumbing down of society continues.

i'll bet you can't even change the oil on your car...

@OP

Sorry, but if you honestly don't understand the value/appeal of home console gaming, then I just can't help ya.

Around the Network
youarebadatgames said:

PC only gamers don't give a rats ass about cinema games and watered down shooters when we've already got the biggest and best genres around - LoL, Dota2, SC2, CS:Go, and MMORPGs.

Sure. Good luck with that...

i don't think so and i will keep supporting console because they are specially made for gaming every few years gen after gen, won't support PC or mobile gaming because their hardware will need to upgrade much faster than console which will end up spending more money on hardware just to play some better games...

youarebadatgames said:

And vice versa. Many console gamers including me dont give a rats ass about a F2P game. I like to play halo multiplayer instead of generic Lol.

Yep the consoles are dying brand when they do 66% of all sales of the VG market.

And the pc with more than 250 m outta there grabs only 20%.

If you can see it clearly now...

Ka-pi96 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Shhh. Dont say these number loudly. It will make anti console guys upset.

8 MILLION!!! EIGHT MILLION!!!!

Am I doing it right?

No. Quiet please. Anti console guys guys will be sad.