By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I've never gotten a bad indie game

It's okay.  I'm sure you just have bad taste.

Lol your not even trying, granted I'm not taking you seriously as you're acting like a typical indie hater, and saying I have bad taste when you aren't even smart enough to look at video of a game and tell its shit, without wasting 15 dollars.

Again, I didn't say all are bad games.  Did you forget what I posted already?  And who says I pay $15 for any indie game?  Most of the highly praised games have been in indie bundles, other ones I've got by the way of PS+, or sometimes the rare Steam sale for $2.50.  Can't help that I get a lot of crappy indies from PS+ when I can't choose the games I get per month.  When I'm interested in a game from an indie bundle, I might be interested in one or two, but doesn't mean I won't attempt to play the others. 

You mean the free ones or the ones you chose to buy. Once a game passes 20$ failure should be punished severely. Not to mention subjectivity.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You mean the free ones or the ones you chose to buy. Once a game passes 20$ failure should be punished severely. Not to mention subjectivity.

Unless it's a free indie title on PS+, I don't purchase indies on PSN.

Not really since they easily can be ignored.

kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Unless it's a free indie title on PS+, I don't purchase indies on PSN.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Even the so-called "great" Indie games are mostly rubbish I found; Fez, Braid, Limbo, Cave Story, Minecraft, Super Meat Boy...

Sure, every now and then you find a gem in the avalanche of turds, but they're so rare it's hardly worth looking for the when proper games offer far less turds per gem. But that's just me.

Around the Network

Why people assume mid-tier AA games can't be indie too?

KLXVER said:
mornelithe said:

Cow's would be interesting, especially in GT since it could potentially mean a road race, rather than a track race.  GT has some road races, but they're closed circuits built and barricaded like an F1 road race (Monaco for example).  Having wildlife randomly crossing roads in point to point races could actually be pretty cool.  The invisible wall is silly, don't stray into hyperbole, it adds nothing to your case.

Just saying that less can be better. Just look at the Wii. All that shovelware hurt Nintendo more than it helped them...

No, it didn't. It was part of its success. PS2 and PS1 had the same shovelware.

Having said that, shovelware isn't the same as indie. Now you're just going overboard mate.

Thankfully, you and some other indie haters are not in charge of the indie "boom" so I get to play them if I want to. I have the choice which you want to take away. Don't you see how selfish that is?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Now that indie games are so big now I don't really feel like there going anywhere, which is a good thing.

Now we need more medium tier games.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Ninsect said:
KLXVER said:
mornelithe said:

Cow's would be interesting, especially in GT since it could potentially mean a road race, rather than a track race.  GT has some road races, but they're closed circuits built and barricaded like an F1 road race (Monaco for example).  Having wildlife randomly crossing roads in point to point races could actually be pretty cool.  The invisible wall is silly, don't stray into hyperbole, it adds nothing to your case.

Just saying that less can be better. Just look at the Wii. All that shovelware hurt Nintendo more than it helped them...

No, it didn't. It was part of its success. PS2 and PS1 had the same shovelware.

Having said that, shovelware isn't the same as indie. Now you're just going overboard mate.

Thankfully, you and some other indie haters are not in charge of the indie "boom" so I get to play them if I want to. I have the choice which you want to take away. Don't you see how selfish that is?

Shovelware was part of the Wiis success?lol

..and I dont hate indies. I do think most of them are overrated and I dont buy many of them. Im not trying to take anything away from you. If you love all indie games, then more power to you...

KLXVER said:

Shovelware was part of the Wiis success?lol

..and I dont hate indies. I do think most of them are overrated and I dont buy many of them. Im not trying to take anything away from you. If you love all indie games, then more power to you...

Bold: Yes. Kids get their parents to buy the shovelware. Who do you think is buying it?

I never said I loved all indie games. It's like with every other game. There are gems out there and there are bad apples. Don't let the bad apples ruin the gems.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com