By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hyrule Warriors vs Samurai Warriors 4

I'm going with Hyrule Warriors because Nintendo fans will buy anything with Link's face on the box. Look at the sales for Link's Crossbow Training.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

SW 4 already sold ~400k with DD in Japan alone. With the PS4 version it will easily pass 1 million WW IMO. I doubt HW will pass 1 million ww TBH.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Hyrule Warriors.

Samurai Warriors 4 is digital only on PS3/Vita in the west, so we won't be tracking any of those sales for starters.

PS4 version will sell peanuts in Japan.

Hyrule Warriors has a Zelda association which is plenty of easy sales.

Better question : What will sell more : One Piece PIrate Warrior or Hyrule Warriors

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Kongfucius said:
Hyrule Warriors. There are hundreds of thousands of Zelda customers who will buy it for the name on the box, and quite a few more musou fans who would buy it anyway Personally I'm looking forward to SW4 much more, but I think HW should do very well, could hit ~1million, which would be in the same ballpark as the first One Piece Musou game and DW7.

Personally what I'm more interested in is will HW convert some Zelda fans into Musou fans and grow the other subseries. Given that one is Nintendo exclusive and the other is basically a PS title (well, its on XB1, but it won't sell gangbusters there and there have been some 3DS spin-offs), the odds seem stacked against it, but I guess you have to hope.

The only thing which is a little concerning is how badly Ken's Rage 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper bombed on WiiU, but having seen some of the hype for HW, it should avoid that fate

They did say that they hope Zelda fans get interested in Musou games and vice versa. Hopefully it works.

Around the Network

Probably Samurai Warriors.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Smear-Gel said:
Kongfucius said:
Hyrule Warriors. There are hundreds of thousands of Zelda customers who will buy it for the name on the box, and quite a few more musou fans who would buy it anyway Personally I'm looking forward to SW4 much more, but I think HW should do very well, could hit ~1million, which would be in the same ballpark as the first One Piece Musou game and DW7.

Personally what I'm more interested in is will HW convert some Zelda fans into Musou fans and grow the other subseries. Given that one is Nintendo exclusive and the other is basically a PS title (well, its on XB1, but it won't sell gangbusters there and there have been some 3DS spin-offs), the odds seem stacked against it, but I guess you have to hope.

The only thing which is a little concerning is how badly Ken's Rage 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper bombed on WiiU, but having seen some of the hype for HW, it should avoid that fate

They did say that they hope Zelda fans get interested in Musou games and vice versa. Hopefully it works.

Let's hope so. I think it'll be a disappointment in Japan, because Zelda isn't as big there anywhere and it's on the wrong platform for musou, but the combination may be stronger in the west. Either way I think it'll be the Zelda fans who'll be most significant - there's a lot more of them (esp. in the west) and they're more likely to have WiiU's anyway - the musou fans are much less likely to

Kongfucius said:
Smear-Gel said:
Kongfucius said:

Let's hope so. I think it'll be a disappointment in Japan, because Zelda isn't as big there anywhere and it's on the wrong platform for musou, but the combination may be stronger in the west. Either way I think it'll be the Zelda fans who'll be most significant - there's a lot more of them (esp. in the west) and they're more likely to have WiiU's anyway - the musou fans are much less likely to

Zelda isnt big in Japan but Musou is, apparently. And I still think people are underestimating the fact that someone being a fan of Nintendo does not mean they have never played another game on another console. I'm sure there are tonnes of Nintendo fans who love these games. Just look at Persona Q's success, being a spinoff on a console a previous game has never been on before.