By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE: Sell Through to Consumers? Mario Kart 8 Sells 2 million units in 1 month WW!

Not that unlikely if it's shipped + digital

Around the Network

how about sold + digital, quit with the smoke and mirrors :Z

Man if thats true, I would so... So... So... umm, Continue playing Mario Kart but I will be glad that its selling so well since then, more people get to see Rosalina and her great booty! Yea! Ride that Bear Rosalina! Ride it hard! To the finish line that is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I've read that Nintendo has digital sales that are constantly rising

I think 2 million shipped + digital would be a great number, wouldn't disappoint me at all if that were true. Not too farfetched either. That would mean it's well on its way to the 4 million I was hoping for 2014.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
NintendoPie said:

look at the date of VGC charts. still 2 weeks to update to match nintendo

Wouldn't it be one week? We have three weeks of data. Never mind, one month since. Either way, that could explain some of this. I seriously doubt digital sales are too big so I wouldn't put a lot of emphasis on that front.

Digital is still probably significant. Wasnt there someone from a company saying digital accounts for about 1/3 the sales for XB1 and Ps4. Now, obviously Wii U wouldn't have that kind of number but I wouldn't find 10-15% hard to believe. That's 200-300k worth of sales.

Nah, WW HD has alot and NSLU (also pikmin 3), but MK8 at least in japan FW had 14k (its in Kres thread)

BTW how much mario kart sold on wii?

NintendoPie said:

Digital is still probably significant. Wasnt there someone from a company saying digital accounts for about 1/3 the sales for XB1 and Ps4. Now, obviously Wii U wouldn't have that kind of number but I wouldn't find 10-15% hard to believe. That's 200-300k worth of sales.

I'm thinking more around 100k. 200k is plausible, but 300k is stretching it. 

This was Nintendo's statement last year for digital sales:

"We have 15 Nintendo-published titles available, both physically and digitally [on the 3DS]," he says. "So far in 2013, of those 15 available in this format, 11 percent of sales have come through full digital downloads of those games."

Digital sales have become more and more popular (and digital sales are probably more popular on the Wii U than 3DS), so let's say the 11% has increased to 15% since last year, using VGC data that would make MK8 digital sales around 235k. This is assumption of course, but 300k isn't that hard to imagine. It also helps that MK8 has a relatively small size (4.9 GB), a game like DK: Tropical Freeze (which is 11.4 GB) would be lucky to even reach 100k digital sales. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

daredevil.shark said:
BTW how much mario kart sold on wii?

35 million units

Nintendo and PC gamer

Would be happy if true, but I will have to wait for concrete reports before doing the happy dance on this one.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda