By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix Pledges to Support Vita With More Games

Maybe Bravely default for Vita? Or a new Final Fantasy Tactics

Around the Network

Oh man are they trying to get themselves PURCHASED or something

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Well... let's see what you got in store then.

Even if they only release FFXII HD for Vita, I'd be a lot happy already.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

There are just plans it mean nothing

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Port mobile games over or old 3ds games over and see how it sells...

To the company that puts FF Type-0 on PS4/XBO but not Vita, I can only say...

BULL.FUCKING.SHIT.

NobleTeam360 said:
I'll take Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts or Bravely Default or any of the other awesome games you guys have on PS Vita.

This is ironic because Vita has a Final Fantasy 1 through X-2 and the 3DS has (an excellent) rhythm game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

padib said:

Yes I agree. I just find it funny how "obvious" it is for some people that Ubi refuses to support the U until Nintendo makes it successful, while the Vita is not particularly successful and is even less supported by its manufacturer, yet here is SE making games for it.

Wasn't most of the Ubisoft stuff coming after they'd supported WiiU for pretty much 2 years; seen low sales of all of their games except 2 and then started to question their support?  I count 12 games, 11 multiplats & 1 exclusive.

Square Enix, so far, have certainly been less welcoming of Vita than Ubisoft were of WiiU.  3 games - one Japan-only multiplat; one PS3 multiplat; one exclusive.

For both companies, I'd say neither of them had runaway successes on their respective platforms (I would've called ZombiU a success, but it wasn't good enough for Ubisoft).

Whereas while Lord of Apocalpyse & Army Corp underperformed on Vita, I would say that FFX HD was a success.  It outsold the PS3 version in Japan (the numbers here would reflect that if VGC didn't get completely lost trying to track 3 SKU's) and sold moderately well in the west.

So, if by "support" Square Enix mean "more things like FFX HD" then yeah, I can absolutely understand where they're coming from, hardware sales and lack-of-Sony-support notwithstanding.

Whereas where do Ubisoft go with WiiU?  It got the dudebro multiplats and they didn't sell.  It got the launch exclusive and it didn't sell.  It got the casual-friendly multi-plats and they kinda sold.  So expect more of that, I guess (I'm surprised they ran Assassin's Creed for 2 years on the console.  I guess we'll have to see if the PS360 version is coming this year).

(And yes, I know, gimped ports compared to other versions on WiiU.  Just like the Vita version of FFX)

Square Enix will start supporting the Vita by porting the "masterpiece" that is FFXIII!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---