By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEW Crytek Rumor: Bleeding talent, employee frustration, Ryse 2 cancelled

What should happen to Crytek?

Bought by Sony/MS/Nintendo 67 27.02%

Bought by another publisher/inversor 32 12.90%

Closed, IP auctioned off 66 26.61%

Restructured and downsized 52 20.97%

I just wanna see the results 31 12.50%

Total:248

Not a big loss if they die. Their recent games were pretty, but that was about all.

When they announced they were going free-to-play, that was the beginning of the end.

Hopefully their developers can find at better/more stable studios.

Around the Network

And people wanted X company to buy these guys? LOL

fatslob-:O said:
Aerys said:
SO no sequel to This materpiece ? :(

Has Crytek even made a masterpiece ?

Ryse ? Nobody understand art :(

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

sundin13 said:
This is why the bloated AAA industry will collapse onto itself, as too many studios are sitting on the brink of severe financial troubles after one game with mediocre performance...we lost a lot of good studios to this last gen. It is a shame that the lesson was not learned.

This has already been discussed in the last thread.  What you are saying does not apply here.  Crysis 3 being a bad game was probably a factor, though probably not as big a factor as the failure of their F2P title and low interest in their engine.  

Companies that make multiple bad decisions and release poor products go out of business.

I hope Microsoft buy them or their ip specially Ryse and if Microsoft buy Capcom too that means big win for Microsoft 

Around the Network

To me ( and this is just an opinion ) Crytek is all about graphics. Let's make the prettiest games and care for little else.

For the graphic whore PC gamers who care for little else than good graphics this is fine.

Hope they have a rethink and come back better, if possible.

pokoko said:
sundin13 said:
This is why the bloated AAA industry will collapse onto itself, as too many studios are sitting on the brink of severe financial troubles after one game with mediocre performance...we lost a lot of good studios to this last gen. It is a shame that the lesson was not learned.

This has already been discussed in the last thread.  What you are saying does not apply here.  Crysis 3 being a bad game was probably a factor, though probably not as big a factor as the failure of their F2P title and low interest in their engine.  

Companies that make multiple bad decisions and release poor products go out of business.

My apologies? It seems pretty relevant to me, but I didn't know there was "another thread"...

sundin13 said:
pokoko said:

My apologies? It seems pretty relevant to me, but I didn't know there was "another thread"...

The first Rumor thread about Crytek's troubles from a few days ago.  It spoke a lot about developers passing over CryEngine for other options.  Also, from the rest of this article:

"On top of those cancelled projects, Crytek employees say the company's recent big-picture decisions have also led to some struggles. One common complaint among staff is that the company has shifted gears from making big-budget shooters like Far Cry and Crysis to free-to-play games like the upcoming Arena of Fate and the unfortunately-titled shooter Warface, which bombed everywhere but Russia, according to three employees."

the reason ryse 2 was cancelled is due to crytek and ms having a dispute over who owns the ip

fatslob-:O said:
Aerys said:
SO no sequel to This materpiece ? :(

Has Crytek even made a masterpiece ?

Depends on taste...for many (myself included) FarCry 1 was and still is masterpiece and one of the best FPS games ever made.

OT, they should restructure and get back to their roots if they mean to survive.