By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failed so badly...

Conina said:
kumagawa said:
Kresnik said:

I see 2 exclusives in the Xbox top 10 and 3 in the PS4 top 10.  You should check your numbers again.

Boom. I went there.

Only 1 exclusive on Xbone and that's Ryse, Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 are on PC as well.

Look again: Ryse + Forza 5

Since when do we count racing rubbish as games?

Yeah your right I blank out racing and sport stuff automatically.

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:

Sony exclusives sells well but doesn't top number 1 because they have many exclusives targeted different user base, so they have diversity. Only online shooters top because they have something to play everyday online unlike Sony where focus mostly on single player content exclusives.

THIS.

Also Xbox is know to be a "console focused on shooters" exclusive content on COD (and now battlefield) having 2 of its 3 most know IPS to be shooters (halo GoW and now Titanfall) its obvious that the core gamer of xbox must like Shooters in some way, whereas in the Playstation side of exclusives you got A LOT of diversity going from the most japanese niche games like Hatsune Miku (rythm game), Guilty Gear (fighting game), Yakuza, Disgaea (SRPG) to the most western and mainstream type of games like Uncharted (action and adventure), GOW (Hack and Slash), Little Big Planet (platformer?) and GT (racing sim) etc etc...

All I see is all PS4 exclusives went platinum and there are only 3. There is nothing on the WiiU except Nintendo games and 90s of them are Mario games or include Mario. This just proves that Sony fans are diverse and don't have brand loyalty.Also Shadowfall is the highest selling PS4 game.Sony reported months ago it passed the 2 mil mark.Vgchartz is off by a large margin.

sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:
Well PS fans like to brag about Sonys quantity of exclusives, but if you look hard enough you realize that if the game isn't named " God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted (Naughty Dog games in general)", basically PS's holy trinity like Xbox's Halo, Gears, and Forza, the games really don't have a massive audience. Still have fond memories of Halo 4 outselling every PS3 exclusive combined in 2012.

That was a rubbish year for ps3 exclusives

I recall PS3 having like at least 2 dozen games not on 360 with recorded sales

Doesn't mean any of them were any good...

I think you should compare the RAW number instead of the relative position of individual titles in both lists, by example, killzone:sf sold 1.73 million units, while Titanfall sold 1.87 million units! One is number 1 in its list while the other is number 4... One was ailed as the re-invention of the fps genre, the return of the christ and heavily marketed, the other had a lukewarm reception at best... I would say that given the relative importance of the titles for each platforms, this is pretty good news for the PS4 as it confirms that the strategy of highlighting the better performance of crossplatform titles on the PS4 is a strong incentive for people to buy in on the PS4...

now the other exclusives are not selling that well on the xb1, both Ryse and DR 3 sold less thanKnack... And forza 5 sold less than killzone:SF.

Not only that but the least selling PS4 game in the top 10 sold .93 mil units, that would place it above number 6 on tha xb1 side, that means people buy quite a lot more games on the PS4 DESPITE having about TWICE as many games to choose from in total! 

now the wii u has some pretty amazing number, i would attribute this to the small platform with a couple of really good games factor: these few great games have AMAZING attach rate, the first 3 games sold more than the first 3 on PS4! Amazing considering the number of wii u sold! And it shows how some people just love their nintendo franchises! It may even keep the platform going like the game cube and n64 before it.

now I can't wait for sony to unleash a really big exclusive like uncharted 4 or a grand tourismo game... 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
bubblegamer said:
KLXVER said:
platformmaster918 said:
excuse them for not pushing Puppeteer, GT6, tLoU, Sly Thieves in Time, GoW Ascension, and Beyond 2 Souls onto PS4 and instead supporting the PS3 to the very end and beyond

First of all they are pushing TLOU on PS4 and second of all none of those games sold very well. Which was the OPs point. GT6 might have sold decent tohough...

Do you even know what you're saying? None of those games sold well my ass. We're on a sales websites and you could at least look up the numbers instead of saying random stuff. TLOU broke sales records, which is why they want on PS4 as well, GT6 sold great and will be ported next. GoW Ascension and Beyond two Souls have sold good enough to be profitable. The only game that underperformed was Puppeteer.

Yeah, I excluded TLOU. Didnt make that very clear I admit.

Compared to MS and Nintendo first party, Sonys does much less...

Where do you people get this crap? Vgchartz is not very accurate, but even there numbers say otherwise. All 3 are pretty equal with their highest selling games. Somy has more franchises that have gone platinum than both combined.Look it up.Besides Gears and Halo, Mario, Zelda or a game with Mario what sells great on the other consoles?

Xenobot said:

First of all: I'm a huge Playstation fanboy.

2nd: Playstation fanboys are always so proud of first party titles.

Having said that let's look at the numbers for this gen:

Yeah, let's compare the Top10 retail sales of each console:

• PS4: 15.74m sales in 7 months: Ø 2.25m sales per month
  • XBO: 11.45m sales in 7 months: Ø 1.64m sales per month
  • Wii U: 16.62m sales in 19 months: Ø 0.87m sales per month

Or let's compare the Top25 retail sales of each console:

• PS4: 20.51m sales in 7 months: Ø 2.93m sales per month
  • XBO: 14.67m sales in 7 months: Ø 2.10m sales per month
  • Wii U: 21.37m sales in 19 months: Ø 1.12m sales per month

Man, Sony must hate those numbers!

Maraccuda said:
Something we all know, I am sure financial troubles is still preventing them making making many exclusives.

Honestly what 1st party game did they have coming up? I dont mean Naughty Dog or Gorilla Games, but Sony Computer Entertainment of America/Europe/Japan?

NG and Guerrilla are first party. So is Sucker Punch and Evolution. Do you even know what you are talking about? SOE are who publishses those games lol.

sales2099 said:
Well PS fans like to brag about Sonys quantity of exclusives, but if you look hard enough you realize that if the game isn't named " God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted (Naughty Dog games in general)", basically PS's holy trinity like Xbox's Halo, Gears, and Forza, the games really don't have a massive audience. Still have fond memories of Halo 4 outselling every PS3 exclusive combined in 2012.

Wtf?  Sony had something like 26 exclusives that year encompassing a bunch of different genres.  Most were good or decent in value and most sold pretty well.  MS had 15 exclusives and 12 were for kinect.  Are you kidding me?  Halo sold by default because there was nothing else there for the core gamers.  That plus the big dudebro shooter community on the xbox?  So tell me.. what about the 360 in 2013 or in 2014?  oh yea.. forgotton. 

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

betacon said:
sales2099 said:

You mean like how the last of us did last year to the 360?

You know it's funny how fanboys lways talk about Halo sales. Halo 4 also outside all other 360 games combined, even though there weren't many. So why even bring up MS's biggest games being able to outsell lower tier games on the PS3. In 2012 the PS3 had LBP Karting, PS Allstars, Starhawk and Twisted Metal, all of which were not high quality games so it better had sold better being the champin on Xbox compared to Sony's grunts lol. How about we compare total sales of both their biggest game.Gran Turismo is over 70 million total with less games while Halo is hust at 50 million with more games. This is just off of 2 games released last generation while Halo had 5 games including Halo Wars.It's more of nothing else notable on the Xbo and oversaturation (like COD) which leads to sales. How did Alan Wake, Banjo, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Crackdown sell compared to Halo?