By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failed so badly...

sales2099 said:

Id certainly say Halo, Gears and Forza have very high quality at the very least. 360 has more 70-79, 80-89, 90+ metacritic games then PS3......go figure right? lol what a cop-out PS fan response. Your response also has nothing to do with what I said. More of a petty defense mechanism.

interesting, i though Gears, Halo, Alan Wake and Forza was the only big know exclusives on 360, since Bioshock, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Star Ocean International and Tales of Vesperia went multiplat...

care to show me all of those games? im just interested....

Around the Network
betacon said:
sales2099 said:
Well PS fans like to brag about Sonys quantity of exclusives, but if you look hard enough you realize that if the game isn't named " God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted (Naughty Dog games in general)", basically PS's holy trinity like Xbox's Halo, Gears, and Forza, the games really don't have a massive audience. Still have fond memories of Halo 4 outselling every PS3 exclusive combined in 2012.

You mean like how the last of us did last year to the 360?

Except 360 didn't have approx 25 exclusives to go against. Halo 4 did it better :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Failure? Haha. Year to date sales: PS4 3.7 mil XBO 1.6 mil. Laughable. Over 2.3 times the year to date sales. If that's failure I would love to be a failure.

BillyBong said:
sales2099 said:
Well PS fans like to brag about Sonys quantity of exclusives, but if you look hard enough you realize that if the game isn't named " God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted (Naughty Dog games in general)", basically PS's holy trinity like Xbox's Halo, Gears, and Forza, the games really don't have a massive audience. Still have fond memories of Halo 4 outselling every PS3 exclusive combined in 2012.

Wtf?  Sony had something like 26 exclusives that year encompassing a bunch of different genres.  Most were good or decent in value and most sold pretty well.  MS had 15 exclusives and 12 were for kinect.  Are you kidding me?  Halo sold by default because there was nothing else there for the core gamers.  That plus the big dudebro shooter community on the xbox?  So tell me.. what about the 360 in 2013 or in 2014?  oh yea.. forgotton. 

Nice excuses. Doesn't change my point. Most PS exclusives just aren't a big deal except their trinity.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sony consoles prove that its a mixture of Great Exclusives + A great mix of 3rd party titles,is what makes a perfect console.........

Nintendo consoles = good exclusives, horrible 3rd party support.
XBOX consoles = great 3rd party support, not so good 1st party support.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
BillyBong said:
sales2099 said:

Wtf?  Sony had something like 26 exclusives that year encompassing a bunch of different genres.  Most were good or decent in value and most sold pretty well.  MS had 15 exclusives and 12 were for kinect.  Are you kidding me?  Halo sold by default because there was nothing else there for the core gamers.  That plus the big dudebro shooter community on the xbox?  So tell me.. what about the 360 in 2013 or in 2014?  oh yea.. forgotton. 

Nice excuses. Doesn't change my point. Most PS exclusives just aren't a big deal except their trinity.

Same with the Xbox besides Halo, Gears and Forza. What's your point again? Gran Turismo 5 outsold all 360 exclusives in 2010 as well. Who said all PS excluisves were a big deal? I mean all have gone platinum except 2 or 3, but averaging 2 mil a game is no big deal at all.

Titanfall and DR3 are multiplats, so their are only 2 exclusives in the X1's top 10 compared to 3 in the PS4's top 10.

Also KZ: SF has been officially reported to have sold 2.1 million units as of March 2014.

Be patient, greatness awaits.

sales2099 said:
betacon said:
sales2099 said:

So basically PS exclusives and Xbox exclusives both have this holy trinity of franchises whose games sell well.

So, what's the difference then? It evens out in the end, but Sony's greater diversity brings other kind of gamers to PS as well.

you do know the killzone sold 2.1 and idk about knack but vgchartz need to update there stuff, Sony offically said 2.1 million so get your facts right son