By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failed so badly...

sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:
Well PS fans like to brag about Sonys quantity of exclusives, but if you look hard enough you realize that if the game isn't named " God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted (Naughty Dog games in general)", basically PS's holy trinity like Xbox's Halo, Gears, and Forza, the games really don't have a massive audience. Still have fond memories of Halo 4 outselling every PS3 exclusive combined in 2012.

That was a rubbish year for ps3 exclusives

I recall PS3 having like at least 2 dozen games not on 360 with recorded sales

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Another annoying teenie who knows nothing.

TheDarkTriforce said:
drake_tolu said:

WiiU is the console with best exclusive. <3

Absolutely ;)

No it isnt.

Moderated (for the upper part, to clarify)

-Mr Khan

Hunting Season is done...

sales2099 said:
fluky-nintendy said:
sales2099 said:
Well PS fans like to brag about Sonys quantity of exclusives, but if you look hard enough you realize that if the game isn't named " God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted (Naughty Dog games in general)", basically PS's holy trinity like Xbox's Halo, Gears, and Forza, the games really don't have a massive audience. Still have fond memories of Halo 4 outselling every PS3 exclusive combined in 2012.

You do know that the game doesn't have necessarily to sell +5M to be a good game right? FACT is many exclusives were popular/critically aclaimed as digital games and many others were more niche-oriented instead of the FPS trend xb360 gathered. If you look up for both consoles top 100 games (PS3/360 that is) there is a lot more variety in the first, while 360 is more a pool of 3rd parties than anything else.

Pretty sure I was referring to sales, not critical acclaim. So when you respond, kindly leave that out. Top 100 games? The thread is clearly about top 10 games. I stand by my claim. The top 10 games sold on 360/PS3 is all I need to see.

Hey, whatever right. The numbers are what they are. No need to jump to Sonys defense. Technically, it isn't their fault, it was its customers.

I was basing my statements on the holy trinity you mentioned before, which as a matter of fact aren't available on PS4, neither is Halo 4 on XBO, not yet anyway. Digital sales are huge for games, masterpieces mind you like flower or journey, and they would surely break the top 100 PS3 game sales if they were available in retail from the start.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

This thread failed so badly...

sales2099 said:
sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:

That was a rubbish year for ps3 exclusives

Quantity? No. Its quality and diversity. Unknown words to MS and their followers.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Now certain fans want to go in defense mode and act like PC is in competition with consoles. MSFT supports 2 platforms, hence why even Halo will be on PC at some point. They have admitted they are trying to do more for the PC space. Exclusivity is about what I can play on my XB1, and you can't play on your ps4 and Wii U. Yoshida promised 12 new ips in the first year and delivered knack and driveclub, while relying on sequels and pc ported indies. Titanfall should definitely count as MSFT partially financed the game, same with Dr3, MSFT put up the money it counts. This list is really going to look ugly this fall with Sunset, Halo MCC, and FH2 all potentially making the top 10 list for XB1.

true_fan said:

Now ps4 fans want to go in defense mode and act like PC is in competition with consoles.

And why wouldn't the PC platform be competition to consoles? It gets most of the games which are released for playstation and/or Xbox.

PCs get cheaper, quieter and smaller every year; they can be connected with TVs via HDMI or wireless, and most PC games of the last 8 years have gamepad support. The higher hardware investment is easily balanced with free multiplayer, lower game prices and faster price reductions.

Zoombael said:
sales2099 said:

Quantity? No. Its quality and diversity. Unknown words to MS and their followers.

Id certainly say Halo, Gears and Forza have very high quality at the very least. 360 has more 70-79, 80-89, 90+ metacritic games then PS3......go figure right? lol what a cop-out PS fan response. Your response also has nothing to do with what I said. More of a petty defense mechanism.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

"Conclusion: PS4 is a new Call of Duty BOX. Nothing more."

I'd call that trolling if I wasn't wiser than that

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

So if a system whose top 10 games are exclusive cant beat a system which only has 3 exclusive games in its top 10, who really failed?
Graphics matter. Third party matters. Price/performance matters.