By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I don't like Nintendo

deskpro2k3 said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd none of them is the same except for direct sequels or remakes. They share the same name yes. Try again.

Well, I'm having hard time believing Paper Mario is the same as Mario Party, or Mario Kart, or New Super Mario bros for that matter. None of them is the same, they share the same name yes. :P

Around the Network
Wright said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd none of them is the same except for direct sequels or remakes. They share the same name yes. Try again.

Well, I'm having hard time believing Paper Mario is the same as Mario Party, or Mario Kart, or New Super Mario bros for that matter. None of them is the same, they share the same name yes. :P

But how many parties, karts, and mario bros have there been? and all the characters is the same yes?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Wright said:
deskpro2k3 said:

^^This! None of those are the same on gameplay, besides Mario being the poster boy of HIS series of course.

deskpro2k3 said:

But how many parties, karts, and mario bros have there been? and all the characters is the same yes?

Not enough Paper Marios, my dear.

Wright said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Not enough Paper Marios, my dear.

i concede

Around the Network

You like Sony, and there's nothing wrong with that, but to make a reassurance thread because you bought the wrong system is laughable. Maybe you will get it right next gen. Just remember "greatness awaits".

(unless you did it purposely, reasons 1-8 are the same).

Why is this thread even allowed to live? Kill it already o.o

deskpro2k3 said:
sundin13 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Why would I want to try other pokemon when I know which ones are stronger and better to use for my strategy?

Wonderful 101 is like an action platformer.

Its like when you are playing a game like Magic the Gathering and a new set comes out...there will be new things that may fit into your strategy, or a whole new strategy that may be closer to what you want to do. You just need to experiment and have fun with it to see what you enjoy the most. I can tell you now, whatever team you made up with the original 150 pokemon, I can make a much better team with all of the pokemon that will be able to do what you are trying to do much better.

Once again, it is hilarious that you are complaining that Nintendo doesn't do anything new, and then turning around and asking "why would I want to try something new?"...

I think you missed the point. I said in one post that I'm happy with the first 150.

Now where did I say anything about using the first 150 in my strategy?

I'll clearify. Why would I use other pokemon when I know which one is stronger and better to use? I'll just keep using the strongest. But this is besides the point.

There is nothing Nintendo can do to make me go out and buy more pokemons, mario, and zelda.

And I quote:

"Why would I want to try other pokemon when I know which ones are stronger and better to use for my strategy?"

Thats where you said something about your strategy. I already responded to this whole point. If you only use the first 150, then you are missing out on a lot of pokemon which are stronger and better to use. Additionally, some games don't include a lot of the original 150 pokemon in the wild, and you certainly wont be able to use your full old team from the beginning of the game (if you are playing the right way). A large part of the fun of new pokemon games is building your team with all the new and interesting Pokemon and learning new strategies. I understand that you don't find it fun, but just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean it is a mediocre game...

padib said:
DerNebel said:
padib said:

Many WiiU owners disagree with you, those who actually own the system and understand the value of the games.

I have Art Academy studio and it's already a solid enough proof of concept, let alone the whole DS library which also made use of the same input. (That point can't be stressed enough) Then you have other games I haven't played but seen to use the gamepad extensively: Wii Play U, Nintendoland, pushmo and more I can't list (I'm not an expert).

So no, Nintendo isn't make bad decision over bad decision, they just aren't able to accomplish the right decision right now (lots of good new and fun fresh games for the U).

So you are hating them because they lack the resources to make a viable platform a reality until 3rd parties get it, and that's hating for the wrong reasons.

I think you'd wouldn't be surprised if I told you a few Nintendo fans on here (if not many) also find you quite obnoxious for constanctly hating on what many of us have first-hand experienced to be a console with many already great games that give them much more pleasure than the console you praise because it sells well yet has no games that please them.

I know that Nintendo fans like the console, that's not the point. Outside of that circle the console is completely unappealing to anyone. You don't like Nintendo games? Then you have almost zero reason to get a Wii U. That does not happen with the PS4 or X1, even if you don't care for either first party offerings there's still so much content from other parties releasing on those systems that they appeal to a much wider audience of gamers, that is why they actually should sell better than the Wii U imo.

What is that bolded sentence supposed to mean? They aren't able to accomplish the right decision? Is this kindergarten or multi billion dollar business? Am I supposed to pity them and pat them on the head until they "are able to accomplish the right decision"? Once they make a good game changing move regarding the Wii U, then I'll definitely point that out, until then I'll keep doing what I do.

Also don't make me laugh, with Nintendo lacking the resources to make a viable platform. Nintendo has the resources, they were just too knuckleheaded to use them, there was literally nothing stopping them from building a system and really getting third parties on board from the start.

And I partly praise the PS4 because it sells well, so? I'm interested in the sales site of gaming, I enjoy it when a well executed system with a great marketing campaign does well and that's why I like the PS4s sales. As soon as Nintendo manages to come out with a new system that fixes the flaws of the Wii U, I'll praise them as well and hope it sells well.

Given your response I'd say kindergarden.

You said you like to pick on Nintendo because they make bad decisions. I explained to you why that's not true. You still don't get it.

They actually mentioned that they were unable to produce the amount of games they wanted to, it's on record. If you don't believe them that's your opinion.

Nintendo doesn't need your praise because you don't understand their business nor their philosophy.

I'm starting to think you don't understand how sales figures work. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

sundin13 said:

And I quote:

"Why would I want to try other pokemon when I know which ones are stronger and better to use for my strategy?"

Thats where you said something about your strategy. I already responded to this whole point. If you only use the first 150, then you are missing out on a lot of pokemon which are stronger and better to use. Additionally, some games don't include a lot of the original 150 pokemon in the wild, and you certainly wont be able to use your full old team from the beginning of the game (if you are playing the right way). A large part of the fun of new pokemon games is building your team with all the new and interesting Pokemon and learning new strategies. I understand that you don't find it fun, but just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean it is a mediocre game...

I dunno man. Blame the nostalgia goggles for that. charizard rules

What will they do when they run out of gems, letters, and colors for their naming. lets see how far they'll go. Doesn't mean I'll buy the game though lol.