By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I don't like Nintendo

deskpro2k3 said:

Dozens of different Pokemon is more than enough reason for me to get bored. I can handle saving the princess a few times in Mario but c'mon now... She got kidnapped again? I want Nintendo to take a risk with a new franchise.

Nintendo may own pokemon...but Pokemon is made by a 2nd party studio. 

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Dozens of different Pokemon is more than enough reason for me to get bored. I can handle saving the princess a few times in Mario but c'mon now... She got kidnapped again? I want Nintendo to take a risk with a new franchise.

You mean like Splatoon and Code Name STEAM which were just announced two weeks ago (yet people have already forgotten)?

PS: If you are arguing about the story in Mario games, you obviously care about the wrong things. Mainline Mario games are all about the gameplay, but I'll humor you for a minute...in Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo's most recent mainline mario game, Mario and Friends are searching for Sprixies in the Sprixie kingdom. Brand new setting and brand new story...happy?

deskpro2k3 said:
Xbro said:

Okay, it's just the other 20 million people that like them, no one is forcing you to like them, you just haven't provided any reasonable excuses as to why you don't like them. 

On another note, anyone know how to post pictures?

This is why no one takes you seriously.  Pokemon adds much more than new pokemon each generation.  In the most recent one, they added the PSS as well as a few different ways to battle.  Not only that, but they made the world 3D and increased the number of directions you can move in.  Each generation of pokemon added something similar.  

As for the Mario games, you're ONLY complaining about the story.  Mario has NEVER been about the story.  The story is there just to give purpose to your actions.  The game has ALWAYS been about the gameplay (at least the platforming games have).  

edit:  Just before you try and make a little smart reply, when I say "Mario" in this context, I am indeed referring to the 2D platforming Mario games and not the other Mario games like Paper Mario or the sports games.

sundin13 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

You mean like Splatoon and Code Name STEAM which were just announced two weeks ago (yet people have already forgotten)?

PS: If you are arguing about the story in Mario games, you obviously care about the wrong things. Mainline Mario games are all about the gameplay, but I'll humor you for a minute...in Super Mario 3D World, Nintendo's most recent mainline mario game, Mario and Friends are searching for Sprixies in the Sprixie kingdom. Brand new setting and brand new story...happy?

Doesn't look like a game that will interest me as much as X does.

Again, Mario does not interest me at all. The look, the platforming, the characters. No Thanks.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
MDMAlliance said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Xbro said:

Okay, it's just the other 20 million people that like them, no one is forcing you to like them, you just haven't provided any reasonable excuses as to why you don't like them. 

This is why no one takes you seriously.  Pokemon adds much more than new pokemon each generation.  In the most recent one, they added the PSS as well as a few different ways to battle.  Not only that, but they made the world 3D and increased the number of directions you can move in.  Each generation of pokemon added something similar.  

As for the Mario games, you're ONLY complaining about the story.  Mario has NEVER been about the story.  The story is there just to give purpose to your actions.  The game has ALWAYS been about the gameplay (at least the platforming games have).  

edit:  Just before you try and make a little smart reply, when I say "Mario" in this context, I am indeed referring to the 2D platforming Mario games and not the other Mario games like Paper Mario or the sports games.

It does not matter how many new pokemons they add or how accessible they make it, or how different the platforming is in Mario. At the end of the day you're still doing the samething that gets boring to me.

I wont mind if they make a new platforming game. Ex Wonderful 101. and just let Mario go.

Around the Network

Pokemon Fun Fact!

Did you know that Pokemon is the only Nintendo franchise aside from (recently) Smash that Nintendo actually competitively supports? The game has Online Rating battles specifically ELO rating style, and Nintendo actually hosts national and worldwide championships! And that is why they only incrementally improve Pokemon's main battle mechanics, much like other "competitive" games (i.e. Street Fighter, CoD)

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

deskpro2k3 said:
MDMAlliance said:

It does not matter how many new pokemons they add or how accessible they make it, or how different the platforming is in Mario. At the end of the day you're still doing the samething that gets boring to me.

I wont mind if they make a new platforming game. Ex Wonderful 101. and just let Mario go.

#1 The changes aren't all about making it more "accessible."  In fact, I already listed changes that go against that idea.  They LITERALLY change how you play and are NEW features.  What you're saying about them doing the "same thing" is them staying in the genre they started in.  Your criticism literally makes no sense.  
Also, for 2D platformers, having different platforming IS what makes the game.  Do you even have ANY clue as to why the original New Super Mario Bros did so well?   It's because they used some of their old formulas for platforming and made it more modern and changed up the level designs.  People wanted that.  

And you seem to be unaware of the fact that Mario isn't Nintendo's only platforming game.  But I bet you'll just write it off anyway.

deskpro2k3 said:
Xbro said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Correct! As long as Nintendo continue to make Mario and friends I wont buy them, because they don't appeal to me anymore.

Hating Mario because of the "princess is kidnapped" storyline is like hating Uncharted because of the treasure hunter storyline or hating COD because each game has guns.

The base aspects of the game arent meant to change, but simply act as backdrops for the new gameplay ideas each sequel incorporates.

EDIT:

More pokemon makes the game boring? More choice? New places and types and abilities and moves that all make the interactions of all the pokemon between each other different in each game, that makes it....boring?

MDMAlliance said:

#1 The changes aren't all about making it more "accessible."  In fact, I already listed changes that go against that idea.  They LITERALLY change how you play and are NEW features.  What you're saying about them doing the "same thing" is them staying in the genre they started in.  Your criticism literally makes no sense.  
Also, for 2D platformers, having different platforming IS what makes the game.  Do you even have ANY clue as to why the original New Super Mario Bros did so well?   It's because they used some of their old formulas for platforming and made it more modern and changed up the level designs.  People wanted that.  

And you seem to be unaware of the fact that Mario isn't Nintendo's only platforming game.  But I bet you'll just write it off anyway.

My criticism is that they're making to many of the same which devalues their franchise, and it gets boring to me because I will still use my favorite pokemon over the others. I guess you missed the part where I mentioned Wonderful 101, a better game than Mario imo.

deskpro2k3 said:

Ever heard of Kirby and Yoshi? Platformer games that aren't Mario.

Let go of Mario? That's like asking Activision to stop with CoD, Microsoft to stop Halo, and Square Enix with Final Fantasy.