By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I don't like Nintendo

Brii said:
What I gather is that you don't like Nintendo because you don't like Nintendo games, and Nintendo continues to make Nintendo games instead of games you like. But some people DO like Nintendo games, so it's selfish of you to ask them to retire classic beloved franchises like the Legend of Zilda

Do note that just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's 'mediocre'. Also, having many iterations also != mediocre, which seems to be your main point.

It's alright to not like Nintendo. It's alright to not like them because they overuse franchises you already don't enjoy. Making a thread about it and trying to justify it as being deeper than that is a bit silly and like putting a target on your chest, though.

Correct! As long as Nintendo continue to make Mario and friends I wont buy them, because they don't appeal to me anymore.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

Correct! As long as Nintendo continue to make Mario and friends I wont buy them, because they don't appeal to me anymore.

Okay, it's just the other 20 million people that like them, no one is forcing you to like them, you just haven't provided any reasonable excuses as to why you don't like them. 

On another note, anyone know how to post pictures?

Xbro said:

Isn't Monolith Soft a First Party studio?

Well, I'd call them second party. I guess what I was trying to convey is that Xenoblade is not traditionally considered a Nintendo IP. That doesn't make X any less of a "rehash". It will still be a great game regardless.

every iteration of mario and zelda (and many other nintendo ip's for that matter) have added something new to the gameplay. i bet there isn't one zelda or mario game (main series) that you can name that hasn't added something new gameplay related.

you're criticizing nintendo for something every other video game company does... reuse their old series, or reuse gameplay mechanics. some companies are even worse at creating new gameplay mechanics in their sequels too (call of duty is an easy example). you might as well just dislike video games.

PS: I'm guessing you get whooped in Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

Cream147 said:
Xbro said:

Isn't Monolith Soft a First Party studio?

Well, I'd call them second party. I guess what I was trying to convey is that Xenoblade is not traditionally considered a Nintendo IP. That doesn't make X any less of a "rehash". It will still be a great game regardless.

Let me google it...

Yeah, Nintendo owns 96% of Monolith Soft, so they are first party. 

Around the Network

Nintendo is known for its (in most opinions, except for most M$ and some PS fanboys cough) good games and abysmal cartoons. Judging them for their stupid cartoons is like judging Sony for its GREAT buildings. 

What made you make this thread?

Ah, the old "I don't like something therefore it's overrated/mediocre" reasoning. Anyway if that's what you think then don't buy their games.

Cream147 said:
The "rehash" aspect of attacking Nintendo amuses me. Name me 5 successful games in the past 5 years that weren't rehashes. No, by being a new IP you don't get a pass - Watch Dogs is clearly just a GTA clone for example. Sticking new faces on an old idea is just pretending that you're not rehashing.

Gaming - now past its infancy - is now nearly all about rehashes. I'm learning to live with that because it's inevitable. You like whatever games you like, and I'll keep liking Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and whatever else you criticised in your first post. If Nintendo or anyone else come up with a groundbreaking new idea then great, but I'm not holding my breath. It's so rare these days.

Oh, and Xenoblade Chronicles X is just a rehash of Xenoblade: Chronicles. I'm sure it'll be great just like the original, but let's not let that game off just because it isn't developed by Nintendo.

That's what games are. You take a genre - Action, Platformer, RPG, FPS..., and add features. Insulting video games for being "rehashes" is like insulting Movie X for being a movie, since that means it MUST have copied Movie Y.

I also love the double standards. People are mad at Nintendo for making lots of sequels, but get mad at Valve for only making one sequel.

Xbro said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Okay, it's just the other 20 million people that like them, no one is forcing you to like them, you just haven't provided any reasonable excuses as to why you don't like them. 

On another note, anyone know how to post pictures?

Dozens of different Pokemon is more than enough reason for me to get bored. I can handle saving the princess a few times in Mario but c'mon now... She got kidnapped again? I want Nintendo to take a risk with a new franchise.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5