By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft: Far Cry 4 to look the same on consoles as PC Ultra

There's something rotten going on at Ubisoft. The Watch_Dogs debacle is just too suspicious. Why would the developers intentionally gimp their creation. Wouldn't they want it to be the best it could be?

If I was to guess I would say it's a decision being made on a corporate level. Possibly by a company that has partnered with Ubisoft on these titles and doesn't want the world to know that its new console is already underpowered.

Around the Network

Is there anyone that expected a super upgraded PC port for Far Cry 4?  I mean most of the sales are from console so why should PC get any extra treatment?  Especially considering most people's PCs are not super high end like some of the hardcore gamers.

platformmaster918 said:
Love it! Stable framerate and great looking game on PS4 confirmed!

yea about that

"Though something of a cliché when dissecting the cause and effect of frame-rate drops, the Far Cry 4 engine's biggest stress points inevitably come out during heavy bursts of alpha effects and a mass of on-screen NPCs. Our lowest such recorded dip is during the co-op gyrocopter ride with Hurk, where we hit 20fps during a flyover of the encampment."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-far-cry-4

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Good. Better for us console gamers. Most of the money is coming from us anyway, so why not pander to us more?

Troll_Whisperer said:
I don't see the controversy, to be honest.

Ubisoft get 90% of their sales from consoles. Meaning they have probably tailored the game to consoles. They have no obligation to spend money pushing PC graphics.

PC gamers with high-end rigs still get to play the game at higher resolutions and a higher framerate.

Far Cry 3 actually sold  over 1 million units on PC out of 4.5m total in the first three months. And for reference Ubisoft's financials for that quarter

Far Cry 3 looked much better on PC and it sold very well on that platform, of course it helps that the franchise started with an exclusive that sold 2.5+ million units on PC. I would have thought that they would have taken that into consideration when building the sequel.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I don't see the controversy, to be honest.

Ubisoft get 90% of their sales from consoles. Meaning they have probably tailored the game to consoles. They have no obligation to spend money pushing PC graphics.

PC gamers with high-end rigs still get to play the game at higher resolutions and a higher framerate.

Far Cry 3 actually sold  over 1 million units on PC out of 4.5m total in the first three months. And for reference Ubisoft's financials for that quarter

Far Cry 3 looked much better on PC and it sold very well on that platform, of course it helps that the franchise started with an exclusive that sold 2.5+ million units on PC. I would have thought that they would have taken that into consideration when building the sequel.

The bulk of Ubisofts sales across the board come from consoles no matter how you slice it. When you add up all of Ubisofts games on PC the disparity becomes greater. Add Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Watchdogs, Splinter Cell, Rayman and more and you'll realize exactly why Ubisoft might find it to be much better to have parity. Regardless of the matter PC is still the lead platform.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Good. Better for us console gamers. Most of the money is coming from us anyway, so why not pander to us more?

PC gamers just don't want to hear they're getting a product similar to the inferior consoles.

What next? Are developers going to tell PS4 fans they're getting something similar to X1? That would cause some sort of outcry I don't want to imagine.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

didnt they admit in other games that they are going to make them look the same across all platforms? i think the pc's are being gimped especially with new gpus being able to out perform the xbox one, wii u and ps4 combined times 2.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

until a frostbite game is half as good as FarCry then the frostbite dev should just shut his mouth.

we saw the game at E3, it looked great, it wasnt pushing visual boundaries but it look good. however i dont see why next gen console couldnt handle that E3 build, so it makes sense that the game on consoles is matching ultra settings.

people who are complaining about Ubi screwing over PC should get over them selfs.

zarx said:
platformmaster918 said:
Love it! Stable framerate and great looking game on PS4 confirmed!

yea about that

"Though something of a cliché when dissecting the cause and effect of frame-rate drops, the Far Cry 4 engine's biggest stress points inevitably come out during heavy bursts of alpha effects and a mass of on-screen NPCs. Our lowest such recorded dip is during the co-op gyrocopter ride with Hurk, where we hit 20fps during a flyover of the encampment."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-far-cry-4

the game is coming out in 5 months.