By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Xenoblade X and Bayonetta 2 the best looking games to ever grace a Nintendo system?

Even better than what Nintendo can and has done themselves?

yes 97 24.87%

no 200 51.28%

let me explain 36 9.23%

see results 56 14.36%

Total:389
spurgeonryan said:

We have not seen enough of Zelda U to make a decision on that and do not even know the full name.

Yes we have. Zelda U and Wind Waker HD look exponencially better.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Xenoblade doesn't look that impressive. Neither does Bayonetta. Mario Kart 8 is where it's at

Ninsect said:
Xenoblade doesn't look that impressive. Neither does Bayonetta. Mario Kart 8 is where it's at

Please reconsider your statements after this short clip...

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
Ninsect said:

Ninsect said:

Please reconsider your statements after this short clip...

If it wasn't clear, I was talking about purely the graphics. They look OK but nothing mindblowing. MK8 looks way better

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

spurgeonryan said:

Besides that, including every other Nintendo game ever released, I think these two games are better than anything even Nintendo has ever given us.

Xenoblade is nintendo...

Experimental42 said:
Art style trumps sheer graphical power any day of the week. It's because of that that Super Mario World and Windwaker are going to stay near the top of my "looks good" list regardless of how many generations go by.

From a power perspective though, X and Bayo are the most impressive so far. The scope of Nintendo games have never been like X and Bayonetta, they'll both be the first of their kind on the Wii U, and the art styles are drastically different than something like Mario Kart 8, which itself looks amazing. I don't think they'll be more impressive than the future installments of Zelda however.

Graphics are the absolute lowest rung on the ladder for me though. Anything at MGS3 on PS2 level of graphics or above and I really stop caring. Like the thread with the PS3 vs PS4 versions of Watch Dogs. Those screen shots might as well be the same to me for as much as I care, as long as you can get the frame rate to be consistent. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate graphics when they're good, I just mean that after a certain threshold they mean absolutely nothing to me in my decision to purchase/play a game.

Not in all cases. Simulators usually gain a lot from looking good from a technical point of view. IMO its the same for shooters and some other genres, like horror-survivors too.

OT: I would say its a tie between Bayonetta 2 and LoZ. Even if we havent seen enough

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I think Wind Waker HD looks better than both of them.

NightDragon83 said:
If we're talking about "wow factor" here, then none of these games impress anyone who has gamed on PC/PS360 over the last generation.

You're wrong; I've gamed on PS3/360 over the last generation and Xenoblade Chronicles X thoroughly impresses me.

I remember mario sunshine being amazing looking when i played it in 2003
but im still going with 3d world that game is just beautiful.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

No. MK8 and Zelda look better. IMO. But they both look good, for sure.

Bayo 2 looks good, but the system has already done prettier with Trine 2 Director's Cut and Mario Kart 8. Art of Balance should also land above it when it hits sometime in the next few months.

X looks better, and its landscapes have a real wow factor, but by the time that launches graphical competition on the system will be even stronger, with the likes of FAST Racing Neo and Yoshi's Wooly World joining the fray.