By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Xenoblade X and Bayonetta 2 the best looking games to ever grace a Nintendo system?

Even better than what Nintendo can and has done themselves?

yes 97 24.87%

no 200 51.28%

let me explain 36 9.23%

see results 56 14.36%

Total:389
roboplato said:

there is nothing to compare 1080>>>720p you can see it for yourself, the video i posted is clearly better quality.

The source was 720p, upscaling it won't make it look better.

Around the Network
roboplato said:
curl-6 said:
roboplato said:
curl-6 said:
roboplato said:

the video i posted is much better quality it actually 1080p.

Then why did you delete his video?

it's the same video in 720p.

His was the official Nintendo one though. You could have just left it in your post so people could compare for themselves.

there is nothing to compare 1080>>>720p you can see it for yourself, the video i posted is clearly better quality.

Here's a little fun fact. Resolution does not equal quality.

Don't believe me?

vivster said:
Probably yes. Not that that's saying much.

I really don't understand this stereotype of "Wii U's graphics suck." I play my Wii U on a 32 inch HD TV (which is about 7 years old mind you) and most of the games look amazing. Maybe not the best that's out there but it has to be pretty close. Mario Kart is mind blowingly awesome. Does the Xbone and PS4 graphics really look that much better than Wii U? If so, than the images I've seen sure don't do it justice.

It's not like this is the original Wii we're talking here.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

jigokutamago said:
roboplato said:
curl-6 said:
roboplato said:
curl-6 said:
roboplato said:

the video i posted is much better quality it actually 1080p.

Then why did you delete his video?

it's the same video in 720p.

His was the official Nintendo one though. You could have just left it in your post so people could compare for themselves.

Don't believe me?

depending when you take the pics, sometimes the 1080p footage looks better, any there both about the same, i  looked at both versions, they looks the same to me, sometime i saw the 1080p version look better.

roboplato said:

depending when you take the pics, sometimes the 1080p footage looks better, any there both about the same, i  looked at both versions, they looks the same to me, sometime i saw the 1080p version look better.

Would you care to take pics of when that happens? Pardon me, I takes hard evadence to convince me.

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:
vivster said:

I really don't understand this stereotype of "Wii U's graphics suck." I play my Wii U on a 32 inch HD TV (which is about 7 years old mind you) and most of the games look amazing. Maybe not the best that's out there but it has to be pretty close. Mario Kart is mind blowingly awesome. Does the Xbone and PS4 graphics really look that much better than Wii U? If so, than the images I've seen sure don't do it justice.

depends what kind of graphics you prefer, there are no great looking realistic games on wiiu. look at MGS5 its running at 1080p/60fps and looks a generation better then X to me. if you like cartoony games then wiiu has then best looking games.

DarthMetalliCube said:
vivster said:

Is your old tv 720p? It's small and you probably don't sit very close to it. With that setup everything looks the same.

But if you have an actual TV that's 40", 1080p and quite close to your face you will see differences. Very big ones. The difference between MK8 and Infamous SS is about a whole generation apart. As is everything I've seen from X or Bayonetta.

People who say that Wii U games look "AMAZING" or close or even better than PS4 graphics do not have the proper equipment to compare visuals.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

They're definitely in the top echelon, but I'm undecided on whether they are the top two.

Other games in the category include Endless Ocean (1 and 2), Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country (1, 2, and 3), the Ace Attorney games (prior to Dual Destinies - lower due to 3D characters not being quite as good at this point), Yoshi's Woolly World, and Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town.

It's not all about technical quality, which is why there are SNES, GBA, and DS games on the list. If we're talking not just "best looking" but also "most impressive", then yes, Xenoblade X and Bayonetta 2, along with Endless Ocean, are top of the list, in my view.

jigokutamago said:

Don't believe me?

*pictures that say nothing*

Are you serious?

The differences you see are the results of a shitty upscaler. X runs at 720p, hence the 720p doesn't have to be upscaled and doesn't look washed out as the upscaled 1080p. Natively rendered 1080p is always always sharper than anything rendered in 720p. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

I would show you a natively rendered 1080p version of X footage but sadly it doesn't run on a console that could do this.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
jigokutamago said:

Don't believe me?

*pictures that say nothing*

Are you serious?

The differences you see are the results of a shitty upscaler. X runs at 720p, hence the 720p doesn't have to be upscaled and doesn't look washed out as the upscaled 1080p. Natively rendered 1080p is always always sharper than anything rendered in 720p. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

I would show you a natively rendered 1080p version of X footage but sadly it doesn't run on a console that could do this.

I think he's only talking about youtube vids.