By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony lowers The Last of Us: Remastered price, refuses to give people a refund (UPDATE: Sony has said they will refund customers)

I'm guessing they did the price cut because pre-orders might be low and as a response to the Halo Collection, but I could be wrong.

Sony will likely refund people $10. Otherwise they will deter people from pre-ordering in the future.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Well the applicable law here is called the fair trading act and Sony would have to refund the $10. Sucks to those who's countries don't have decent fair trading laws though.

And why the f... would you pre-order a digital game? Unless there was a pre-order bonus what be the point?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

And why the f... would you pre-order a digital game? Unless there was a pre-order bonus what be the point?

yahh wondering that my self, the fuck is the point...............?????

once the big news sites run this story, everyone affected by this will wake up to a $10 psn voucher code in their email.

Thanks jlmurph!

xKakashi209x said:
Who pre orders games ?

Especially digital games. Its not like Sony are gonna run out of supply lol.

Around the Network

Yeah, why waste the same amount of money on a digital download as you can get the physical release for? Atleast you can either trade or sell the physical release when you're done with it.

Just expect in around 4 hours after the news goes out for the people to get refunds as a "gesture of good faith".

Still, a little bit on the strange side.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If I did pre-order it, I wouldn't have cancelled it anyways...

Hope for their sake they do the right thing and refund the $10 to the people that pre-ordered. Whatever coverage this receives is going to hurt PSN's reputation, and is going to take some serious buttering up to get back on peoples good side.

I don't know why Sony can not just use practical sense, and not make these missteps. This should have never even been an issue, just like the Drive Club situation a couple months ago. They need to get their shit together fast, otherwise people are going to turn on them. They don't have room for these kind of mistakes.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I am presuming this is outside of Europe only as we have far more consumer-friendly laws that place customers above corporations.