By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony lowers The Last of Us: Remastered price, refuses to give people a refund (UPDATE: Sony has said they will refund customers)

1) Even though its in the fine print, its ridiculous that sony would do that. Horrendous customer service right there.

Now with that said....

2) Why pre-order a *digital* game that far in advance? Maybe this is just me, but I would wait until the last minute before you could pre-load it to still get the bonuses. You literally miss out on nothing by waiting.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:

This game is still over a month away!  Bitch till they do!

Your not allowed to cancel. You bought the game already. 

RubberWhistleHistle said:
but.. but... sony are gods, and theyre the kings of gaming and.. and.. RETURN OF THE PS2!!! the glory days of the ps2!!

What a shitty contribution to this thread.

On topic:
Kind of a dick move not to reimburse people the difference after lowering the price. Hopefully, they will change there stance on this. I have to wonder why people pre-order digital games. Unless there is a pre-order bonus, there really is no reason to do it.

I'm pretty sure they will fix it sooner or later by giving a $10 discount on your next PSN purchase if you purchased TLOU for the higher price.

Arcturus said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
but.. but... sony are gods, and theyre the kings of gaming and.. and.. RETURN OF THE PS2!!! the glory days of the ps2!!

What a shitty contribution to this thread.

On topic:
Kind of a dick move not to reimburse people the difference after lowering the price. Hopefully, they will change there stance on this. I have to wonder why people pre-order digital games. Unless there is a pre-order bonus, there really is no reason to do it.

Just because you are the last person to say this but this is directed to everyone. Target gives a price guarantee for two weeks after purchase with receipt. No retailer (which sony is act as) will allow you to purchase something then refund you the money when they lower the price weeks later. Really, people are wayyyy overreacting. 

Around the Network

That's fucked up. Don't screw up your goodwill with gamers, Sony. It's the best weapon you have this gen.

Edit: I do believe they will end up giving the refunds though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Ka-pi96 said:
Is this a USA thing? Here in Europe you are not even charged for the preorder until the game is actually released so there would be nothing to refund.

That doesn't even make sense. I don't see how sony would be allowed to withdraw money from your account for a non subscription service without permission. Which, is why I assume you need to pay upfront. 

Max King of the Wild said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Is this a USA thing? Here in Europe you are not even charged for the preorder until the game is actually released so there would be nothing to refund.

That doesn't even make sense. I don't see how sony would be allowed to withdraw money from your account for a non subscription service without permission. Which, is why I assume you need to pay upfront. 

You preorder (aka give persmission) and then they withdraw when it "ships" or in a digital case, comes out.  That's exactly what amazon does when you preorder except it's physical so you get charged when it ships.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

So because they didn't read a contract, they are pissed at the people who DID read the contract? Hmmm...

I despise Sony and Microsoft and their business practices and worthless lying marketing just as much as the next guy but c'mon, this is ridiculous.

You preorder (aka give persmission) and then they withdraw when it "ships" or in a digital case, comes out.  That's exactly what amazon does when you preorder except it's physical so you get charged when it ships.

Sounds like a good way to overdraft. I always thought amazon took the money when you ordered too since you get the game on launch day. Meaning, the money must have been taken already because the game isn't sent out the same day you get it.