By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony lowers The Last of Us: Remastered price, refuses to give people a refund (UPDATE: Sony has said they will refund customers)

Max King of the Wild said:

You preorder (aka give persmission) and then they withdraw when it "ships" or in a digital case, comes out.  That's exactly what amazon does when you preorder except it's physical so you get charged when it ships.

Sounds like a good way to overdraft. I always thought amazon took the money when you ordered too since you get the game on launch day. Meaning, the money must have been taken already. 

Never have I heard of a single online store that takes your money upfront. You give them (Amazon or whoever) your credit card info, and nothing happens until its shipped.

Also, you cannot overdraft. If there is no money in your account, they don't ship it and send you an e-mail warning you about it.

Around the Network

Never have I heard of a single online store that takes your money upfront. You give them (Amazon or whoever) your credit card info, and nothing happens until its shipped.

Also, you cannot overdraft. If there is no money in your account, they don't ship it and send you an e-mail warning you about it.

Banks get most of their money from fees. They would let amazon take the money and charge you 20-30 dollars for it.

Arcturus said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
but.. but... sony are gods, and theyre the kings of gaming and.. and.. RETURN OF THE PS2!!! the glory days of the ps2!!

What a shitty contribution to this thread.

On topic:
Kind of a dick move not to reimburse people the difference after lowering the price. Hopefully, they will change there stance on this. I have to wonder why people pre-order digital games. Unless there is a pre-order bonus, there really is no reason to do it.

Just because you are the last person to say this but this is directed to everyone. Target gives a price guarantee for two weeks after purchase with receipt. No retailer (which sony is act as) will allow you to purchase something then refund you the money when they lower the price weeks later. Really, people are wayyyy overreacting. 

Those two scenarios are slightly different though. It's in Sony's best interest to refund the difference. Their pre-orders will tank if they keep up this practice.

OdinHades said:
Never pre-order digital games. It makes absolutely no sense and you should be punished if you do it anyway. Which is what happened here, so fine by me.

Why would anyone in their right mind pre-order a digital game? I thought the point of pre-ordering is to reserve a copy of a game so you'd be one of the first to receive it - even when there's low stock... If the game is digital, then there's no shortage of stock.

Banks get most of their money from fees. They would let amazon take the money and charge you 20-30 dollars for it.

No they wouldn't, and they don't. You obviously don't shop online, or have a credit card at all.

Around the Network
Burek said:

No they wouldn't, and they don't. You obviously don't shop online, or have a credit card at all.

You... Obviously don't have a bank account or have dealt with greedy banks

Nice, the retailer I always get my games from also lowered to €49,99
OT: This is why I would never pay for the full game this far in advance.

Arcturus said:
Arcturus said:

Those two scenarios are slightly different though. It's in Sony's best interest to refund the difference. Their pre-orders will tank if they keep up this practice.

Yeah, in their best interest I agree with... Expecting to get money back when you purchased something I don't agree with (unless it was defective) 

Pre-Ordered in a store so when I get back from Nigeria I'll change it

give them some time geeze, its been 1 day since price drop surly there setting some sort of credit thing up