By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who should buy capcom?

who do you thought should buyed capcoms?

nintendo 221 67.17%

sony 76 23.10%

microsoft 27 8.21%

ea 5 1.52%

Total:329
BasilZero said:
None of the Above.

It should be another third party - mainly a Japanese one, only one comes to mind and sadly it is SEGA.

No, no, no. That would be a worst case scenario. Sega already has a ton of classic IPs they don't do shit with.

I would rather see it in the hands of Square Enix. They made more noteworthy games in recent years. Most notably Tomb Raider and Deus Ex:HR.

I wouldn't mind Capcom in the hands of MS either. If Sony or Nintendo got it, we wouldn't see PC ports anymore.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

First off no first party publisher should be interested, most of Capcom's value right now would be lost if that happened. a lot of their investment is in mobile and PC online and social games recently and they also have franchise deals tied up with all three first party publishers which they would likely have to pay to get out of. Which including the fact they would have to over pay above market value of the stock to buy out more than 50% it makes it a really bad investment for any of the big three. Third Capcom aren't struggling financially they gave actually turned a profit every year since 2005 and was up YoY as of their last financial report.

Now onto who would actually be in a position to buy them. The most likely candidate would be Tencent who are flush with cash and have been aggressively investing in games companies including Epic Games and a 6% stake in Activision Blizzard. They are already working together with Capcom on Monster Hunter Online which is developed in partnership for the Chinese market, and also to bring other Capcom games to China.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Seems like Capcom selling off their franchises one by one would be the best thing to happen...

None of the above. It should be a neutral party who should acquire Capcom. Sony can't afford it. Microsoft... we all know what happened with Rare. Nintendo... I don't think so. I think another developer should get it, and prevent a breakdown of assets like it happened with THQ.

Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft won't buy it.

Around the Network

These who should buy Capcom threads are getting stupid, they should stay the way they are now. And Nintendo don't make the best games sorry. They make good games but not the best.

"its one step closer for nintendo to have every game exclusive on their platform."

ROFL, Nintendo fans make me sick, such a bunch of selfish people... Want every game to be a Nintendo Exclusive but NEVER buy a single third party game... LOL

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

think-man said:
These who should buy Capcom threads are getting stupid, they should stay the way they are now. And Nintendo don't make the best games sorry. They make good games but not the best.

you actually believe that nintendo doesnt make the best games? or are you joking?

PlayMatt said:
"its one step closer for nintendo to have every game exclusive on their platform."

ROFL, Nintendo fans make me sick, such a bunch of selfish people... Want every game to be a Nintendo Exclusive but NEVER buy a single third party game... LOL

... we buy third party games. what makes you think we dont buy third party games? oh you mean mass effect? yeah we dont buy half assed ports, we only buy good games, which are few and far between with third parties. that isn't exactly our fault.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
PlayMatt said:

... we buy third party games. what makes you think we dont buy third party games? oh you mean mass effect? yeah we dont buy half assed ports, we only buy good games, which are few and far between with third parties. that isn't exactly our fault.

Being the weakest sales platform for almost every multiplatform game that isn't children focused

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!