By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who should buy capcom?

who do you thought should buyed capcoms?

nintendo 221 67.17%

sony 76 23.10%

microsoft 27 8.21%

ea 5 1.52%

Total:329

Split it between publishers, Sony gets Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Deep Down. Nintendo gets Megaman, Ace Attorney and Microsoft gets Dead Rising. All the rest goes to Sega.

Around the Network
PlayMatt said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
PlayMatt said:
"its one step closer for nintendo to have every game exclusive on their platform."

ROFL, Nintendo fans make me sick, such a bunch of selfish people... Want every game to be a Nintendo Exclusive but NEVER buy a single third party game... LOL

... we buy third party games. what makes you think we dont buy third party games? oh you mean mass effect? yeah we dont buy half assed ports, we only buy good games, which are few and far between with third parties. that isn't exactly our fault.

Being the weakest sales platform for almost every multiplatform game that isn't children focused

despite frequenting a site dedicated to videogame sales, you still seem to somehow miss the fact that we are never handed quality third party software.. if the wii u were the lead platform for watch dogs, a bunch of people would have bought watch dogs for it. instead, the wii u version gets delayed for no reason. do you understand now? third party games on wii u get skimped, therefore, they dont sell well. get it?

HEMSTAR said:
Split it between publishers, Sony gets Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Deep Down. Nintendo gets Megaman, Ace Attorney and Microsoft gets Dead Rising. All the rest goes to Sega.

ah-hem, i would actually like nintendo to get at least mega man, ace attourney, devil may cry, resident evil and monster hunter. sony can have deep down, and microsoft gets nothing.

I think the real question we are all wondering about is how many threads this community can make on the subject of who should buy capcom...

gergroy said:
I think the real question we are all wondering about is how many threads this community can make on the subject of who should buy capcom...

Infinite.

Around the Network
HEMSTAR said:

ah-hem, i would actually like nintendo to get at least mega man, ace attourney, devil may cry, resident evil and monster hunter. sony can have deep down, and microsoft gets nothing.

I dont understand why Nintendo should get Devil May Cry and Resident Evil, those franchises are far bigger on PS platforms and far more suitable for Sony's audience.

PlayMatt said:
PlayMatt said:
"its one step closer for nintendo to have every game exclusive on their platform."

ROFL, Nintendo fans make me sick, such a bunch of selfish people... Want every game to be a Nintendo Exclusive but NEVER buy a single third party game... LOL

... we buy third party games. what makes you think we dont buy third party games? oh you mean mass effect? yeah we dont buy half assed ports, we only buy good games, which are few and far between with third parties. that isn't exactly our fault.

Being the weakest sales platform for almost every multiplatform game that isn't children focused

despite frequenting a site dedicated to videogame sales, you still seem to somehow miss the fact that we are never handed quality third party software.. if the wii u were the lead platform for watch dogs, a bunch of people would have bought watch dogs for it. instead, the wii u version gets delayed for no reason. do you understand now? third party games on wii u get skimped, therefore, they dont sell well. get it?

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70774/tekken-tag-tournament-2/

Had amazing support for the game and amazing features... But a huge ass flop...

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70961/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/

Many reviewers said Wii U got the best version... but a big flop on sales as well...

Many others I don't have time to show you... But just look at Wii U top 10 there's no multiplatform game there, also no third party game crossed 1 million units, while on xbox one/ps4 there's plenty of 3rd party love... Nintendo owners simply dont care for third party, they're happy with Mario and the crew :)

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

HEMSTAR said:
HEMSTAR said:

I dont understand why Nintendo should get Devil May Cry and Resident Evil, those franchises are far bigger on PS platforms and far more suitable for Sony's audience.

they both made their debut on sony's consoles with trilogies and thats how they got big, i see what youre saying, but i still want the games to be exclusive on nintendo's platforms because i want nintendo to have everything.

Microsoft.

PlayMatt said:
PlayMatt said:
PlayMatt said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70774/tekken-tag-tournament-2/

Had amazing support for the game and amazing features... But a huge ass flop...

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70961/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/

Many reviewers said Wii U got the best version... but a big flop on sales as well...

Many others I don't have time to show you... But just look at Wii U top 10 there's no multiplatform game there, also no third party game crossed 1 million units, while on xbox one/ps4 there's plenty of 3rd party love... Nintendo owners simply dont care for third party, they're happy with Mario and the crew :)

tekken tag tournament 2 came out two months late on wii u, so even though it was most likely the best version, you know the biggest fans of the game are going to buy it launch week on teh CONSOLE THEY ALREADY OWN which is another huge aspect of the sales between the three consoles it released on. yes, it sold the least amount on wii u, but it also had the highest attach ratio on wii u by a long shot.for the wii u version to sell that close to the other consoles speaks volumes about what a quality port could do even when released months later. and for the record, i did buy tekken tag tournament 2 because like i said, we do actually buy third party games. 

black ops 2.. do you think people are really going to buy black ops 2 on wii u? the call of duty crowd is going to buy the game on the consoles they already own, theyre not going to buy a wii u for that obviously. 

thought experiment: forget mass effect 3 on wii u. lets say the ps4 and x1 released in november 2012, the same week and then the mass effect trilogy released for all three consoles and it was the exact same game and exact same experience across the ps4, x1, and wii u.. what do you think sales would look like? i honestly wouldnt be surprised if it sold the most on wii u simply because it would have been the cheapest console. 

my point is that if things are on a level playing field, youre not going to see huge disparities in sales figures between the three consoles. a game isnt going to sell more on wii u when its competing with more established consoles with established fan bases for certain franchises. if a game is on brand new consoles and runs the same on all of them, then you will see people with nintendo systems buying quality third party games.