By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Wii U

AndreiV said:

Did ever cross your mind that Nintendo is really not for you? I mean, if you had at least some opening for nintendo you would have tried some of their well known games. The very fact that you didnt try up until this point some of their best games, shows that you are not for nintendo.

Or maybe you are just bored and want to amuse yourself with asking people to do for you what have no intention whatsoever.

May I ask what this is supposed to mean? You mean Nintendo is unable to attract new fans? Have I said I never tried some of their well known games?

May I ask what not being "for nintendo" means? Even if I had never tried Nintendo game, does that mean that I can't enjoy one?

Around the Network

it makes all the girls want you. badly.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Well if youre unaware of what games are coming, then you dont sound very interested...

If Wii was released today it would have cost 285$ and Wii U is 300$ so I hope you can afford a Wii.

Anyway you don't need a premium subscription for multiplayer and it comes bundled with a game.

It consumes far less power than its competitors and offers voice and video chat features out of the box compared to competition for their cheapest SKU.

Off-TV play capability is out of the box and you don't need additional device for it.

Wii U - 300$ + 10-12,5$ eletricity
PlayStation 4 - 400$ + 60$ game + 60$ subscription for MP + 60-70$ eletricity = 580-590 at least in first year
Xbox One - 400$ + 60$ game + 60 subscription for MP + 45-50$ eletricity = 565-570$ at least in first year

If you want voice chat if any of these does not come bundled with atleast mono headset then it is like another 10$ and if you want both in one package like voice and video chat that is another 60$ at least so.

PS4 - 590 to 650$
XO - 575 - 630$

So Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in the beggining have higher costs and even higher if you want more features and if you want Off-TV play for PlayStation 4 that is at least another 100$ and if you want to do it with VIta then its 200$.

So PS4 could total up to 750 to 850$ total and if you want PS3 games then its at least another 60$ so maxium is 910$ or at least 810$ to at least have all features that Wii U currently has.

You can play Wii games on Wii U while you can't play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One nor PlayStation 3 games on PlayStation 4 plus you can't use accessories from previous generation consoles compared to Wii U while Move from Sony will work on PlayStation 4.

Also Nintendo offers Gamecube adapter in case you have a Gamecube controller so you have a very large variety of controls on Wii U and if you have a girlfriend or friends that are casual then they can play some games via touch screen controls exclusively like Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 also Pikmin 3.

Wii U library of games is excellent as titles accumulated and indie support is superb and a lot of exclusives are coming. Youl have a nice backlog of games and be busy. Like RPG's? You have some indie RPG's and Monoliths Soft Xenoblade Chronicles X which is spiritiual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles that is touted as best RPG of 7th generation and Monolith Soft consists of people that worked on Final Fantasy franchise, Chrono franchise, Front Mission franchise, etc... Also Xenogears and Monolith Soft worked on Xenosaga trilogy so yea.

If you have interest in Hack N Slash then you have Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 with Bayonetta bundled in also I suspect that Devil's Third from Itagaki is out this year too so if you love some gore, dynasty warriors, DMC and Ninja Gaiden type games then yea... Jump on it.

If you want to have even more fun then check out Splatoon, it looks cool and awsome and fun.

Wii U is currently leading in Japan and PlayStation 4 is behind both in pace and sales compared to Wii U so Tales series will likely arrive on Wii U and I doubt Sony will catch up or exceed Nintendo in next two years in best case scenario as more Japanese centric games are arriving on Wii U so expect good Japanese support sooner or later.

Nintendo's next console in future will support Wii U games so don't worry about backward compatibility for Nintendo's future console...

I hope I persuaded you and others to get a Wii U.

Teeqoz said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Teeqoz said:

Okay, here we go. I've not owned a nintendo console besides the wii, I've tried some of their other systems, but never owned them. And I'm on the fence about buying a Wii U. So I have one request: Nintendo fans, convince me! Post everything that might help me decide, games, trailers, upcoming stuff, or just general history that proves that it will be a good purchase. Try your best, you might bring another Wii U owner aboard!

It would help to atleast know what you like...

platformers, action-adventure games, RPGs, coop games with a good story.

Games currently out: 
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate:

Super Mario 3D World:

Wonderful 101:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD:

(there are other games that are out, but I can't say for sure if you would want them)

Games coming out later:

Bayonetta 2

Legend of Zelda: 2015

Hyrule Warriors:

+ There's a bunch of VC stuff coming up (NES, SNES, GBA).

edit: I left out a lot of games because they are either "JRPG" games (as you said you didn't want) or simply I couldn't honestly neatly put them into the genres you have listed. (I also didn't put in 2D platformers).

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
spurgeonryan said:
Hold off until at least Christmas. Should be even better deals by then as well.

You just convinced me not to buy a Wii U yet.

Honestly, the free game deal that you get with Mario Kart 8 (expires at the end of July) is a pretty darn good deal. While there will obviously be deals around black friday, theres also a pretty good deal going on now, so it just boils down to how soon you want it.

Skidonti said:

Official refurbished NintendoLand Deluxe units from Nintendo sell for $200. They're currently at least a week backordered, though. Hella great deal though if you want to wait a bit and don't care about the original box and having it be perfectly pristine.

But if that doesn't float your boat or you thinkNintendoLand isn't worht it, personally I think you should get the NSMBU+NSLU bundle for $300, pick up MK8 for $49 on Amazon right now, download a free Wind Waker HD or Pikmin 3, maybe buy SM3DW for $50 on Amazon as well and you can find Nintendoland for under $25.

That last option will give you a brand-spankin-new console plus 5 and a half new games for $425. Or in other words barely more than currently buying one of the other new consoles solo. You can use your old controllers for multiplayer so you don't have to buy new ones for that.

If you ask me SM3DW, NintendoLand, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, WWHD, DK:TF, Rayman (multiplat), Wonderful 101, cool indies, Mario Kart 8, Warriors/Bayonetta/Smash Bros/Captain Toad coming this year (and the ability to play CoD again this year if you like it), Sonic (if you like him), and the expanding Virtual Console are reason enough to buy if you think you're interested. Plus you can sell your Wii if you like and have full backwards compatibility.

You'll get X, Zelda U, Star Fox, Splatoon, more platformers for sure, and maybe a new Fatal Frame game in the future. I wouldn't wait until Zelda U because then you'll just have to catch up on all this other stuff later. I think it better to have your WiiU ready and waiting for Zelda U.

This pretty much. You wont regret it as long as you keep buying games, it definitely has a good amount of good games, even with the infamous lack of third party support.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Amazing 720p graphics, great 3rd party support, constantly new IPs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

KLXVER said:
Well if youre unaware of what games are coming, then you dont sound very interested...

I'm aware of splatoon and Zelda U, aswell as the new starfox and SSB. The new Zelda has me SUPER HYPED. I was just wondering if there was anything else. After all i'm not basing my purchase off of one trailer for one game (Zelda).

Teeqoz said:
KLXVER said:

I'm aware of splatoon and Zelda U, aswell as the new starfox and SSB. The new Zelda has me SUPER HYPED. I was just wondering if there was anything else. After all i'm not basing my purchase off of one trailer for one game (Zelda).

The watch more trailers of more games...