By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people still buy "warrior" games?

To be honest they bore me. Chopping down waves of mindless grunts with the swing of a sword is not fun for me. After an hour or so Dynasty Warriors became old.

I'll take a hack and slash game like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry or God of War any day. I prefer fewer enemies that are harder to kill (health) and present a greater challenge (AI wise). But to each his own. I can see why some people like those games, it's just not for me.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

I dont like these hack and slash games where you smack wave of mindless enemies. I played one in my friends home long ago (ps2 version; cant name properly). Since then I avoid these type of games. Recently I purchased Once piece pirate warriors. I got it because I like the anime. I wasnt expecting anything special. Gameplay is acceptable but the whole game is below average. Why do Japanese and many western people play these type of games? Taste can be different. But I really dont know why do people buy these games? The warrior series reeks of awfulness.

It's called "beat em all"

If you don't like it don't buy it. People buy it because they have fun with these games, it's pretty fun in coop too.

.....Why do people still buy FPS soooo much? lol.

warrior games are fun. my first was samurai chronicles and enjoyed it so much. once you do beat the game(story) and complete missions as best as you can or on hardest diffuclity........that's it your done with the game.

spent well over 300hrs on it somehow...

DIVERSITY IS GREAT IN GENRES.

I also cannot play these games, even Kingdom Hearts is already too much stupid mindless button mashing action for me.

what's not fun about smacking some faces in?

Around the Network

Some people have questionable gaming tastes, that must be the explanation!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I wasn't interested until Hyrule Warriors, now I am.

I like feeling like a bad ass warrior on the battlefield. It is fun to mow down 50 grunts in a single special move. I put hours into DW8XLCE and I could still pick it up for a quick hour session.

Augen said:
I like feeling like a bad ass warrior on the battlefield. It is fun to mow down 50 grunts in a single special move. I put hours into DW8XLCE and I could still pick it up for a quick hour session.

No doubt.  There's no other game out there that gives you the distinct feeling of being Sauron at the beginning of the RoTK, smashing waves of ranks of soldiers out of the way with that huge mace.  Not to mention that the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms storylines are just great.

daredevil.shark said:

The warrior series reeks of awfulness.

...and so does your opinion.

:D