By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people still buy "warrior" games?

Dulfite said:
I wasn't interested until Hyrule Warriors, now I am.

I simply never fully noticed the series existance. Sure, I heard the name every now and again. But I never played one or bothered finding out what they're about. 

If I try a warriors game it'll probably be Hyrule Warriors. I'm prepared to give the series a shot, and as one of the big critisisums they get is that every Warriors game is the same, it's one flaw that won't affect me as I've never played another version. I could hate it though.

Around the Network
PattonFiend said:
daredevil.shark said:

The warrior series reeks of awfulness.

...and so does your opinion.

:D

The truth sometimes hurts! It happens, bro!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Never said:
Dulfite said:
I wasn't interested until Hyrule Warriors, now I am.

I simply never fully noticed the series existance. Sure, I heard the name every now and again. But I never played one or bothered finding out what they're about. 

If I try a warriors game it'll probably be Hyrule Warriors. I'm prepared to give the series a shot, and as one of the big critisisums they get is that every Warriors game is the same, it's one flaw that won't affect me as I've never played another version. I could hate it though.

Long story short, Dynasty Warriors is a semi-fictitious look at the Romance of the Three Kingdoms Era of China, towards the end of the Han Dynasty, when the country fragmented into 3 major factions, which ended with reunification (historically speaking, in AD 280).  The book is considered one of the finest in chinese literature, the games simply mirror much of what happened back then, though, because you can choose who you're going to play, there are times when you are playing way, way out of reality.  Like, you can play with characters who were known to be dead at certain points etc...

Samurai Warriors is basically the goings on in Japan, during Sengoku (Warring States) period of Japan, I believe it is not during the same timeframe as Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is why Warriors Orochi is simply fantasy, because most of the people on one side were either long dead, or hand't been born yet.

The warriors series is pretty much the same from a combat point of view.  Building up weapons, leveling your generals, unlock secrets etc... all are pretty much standard across the 'Warriors' series.  However, the storyline's for all are very different.  Samurai/Dynasty Warriors follow the general theme of actual historical data.  Warriors Orochi goes 100% fantasy, though.