By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product.

X1 is now a great product with all cons of last year gone. Frequent updates and it is getting many great big name games you can't find on PS4.

That said, PS4's lead will only be greater with its brand power and ensure 3rd parties siding more and more with them. When Sony wins, everybody else loses. If you all want to know why I don't like Sony, that is why. Last gen, PS3 "lost" but everybody prospered, including PS3. Now, Sony wins at everybody else's expense.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

X1 is now a great product with all cons of last year gone. Frequent updates and it is getting many great big name games you can't find on PS4.

That said, PS4's lead will only be greater with its brand power and ensure 3rd parties siding more and more with them. When Sony wins, everybody else loses. If you all want to know why I don't like Sony, that is why. Last gen, PS3 "lost" but everybody prospered, including PS3. Now, Sony wins at everybody else's expense.

Huh? THis makes no sense though sales. How does everybody else lose if Sony wins? And why would you not like SOny because more and more 3rd parties sign with them? Wouldn't that mean you don't like the 3rd parties that sign with them? I mean I could be missing your point but I am jsut curious because this breakdown doesn't seem correct to me.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:

Huh? THis makes no sense though sales. How does everybody else lose if Sony wins? And why would you not like Sony because more and more 3rd parties sign with them? Wouldn't that mean you don't like the 3rd parties that sign with them? I mean I could be missing your point but I am jsut curious because this breakdown doesn't seem correct to me.

In all gens Sony wins, the competition does bad. Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast......Gamecube and Xbox barely over 20 million with PS2 at 150? Now compared to Wii and 360 prospering last gen? I'm all for monopolies, but gaming is benefitted best when there is as much healthy competition as possible. Sony gains at the loss of others and makes it near impossible to prosper.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

If you dislike a company for its monopolist/anti-competition/unfair business practices, M$ is really not the best company to root for...

sales2099 said:

This is a wash.. X1 might of backtracked on their policies, but frequent updates?  PS4 has em too.  You can also find big name games you can't find on the X1.

I really don't know how you believe Sony "lost" last year.  Yea, maybe in NA, but WW, they were killing it.  And the big lead in NA was mainly due to the 1 year head start and the $599 selling point.  That put the PS3 in a tough position out of the gate.  But LTD sales, it took the 360 9 years to reach 82+ mil.. while it only took the Ps3 8 years to do the same.  If anything, if the PS4 wins out this gen, it'd be no different from when the PS1 or PS2 won.. its not all doom and gloom to have a winner. 

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Huh? THis makes no sense though sales. How does everybody else lose if Sony wins? And why would you not like Sony because more and more 3rd parties sign with them? Wouldn't that mean you don't like the 3rd parties that sign with them? I mean I could be missing your point but I am jsut curious because this breakdown doesn't seem correct to me.

In all gens Sony wins, the competition does bad. Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast......Gamecube and Xbox barely over 20 million with PS2 at 150? Now compared to Wii and 360 prospering last gen? I'm all for monopolies, but gaming is benefitted best when there is as much healthy competition as possible. Sony gains at the loss of others and makes it near impossible to prosper.

But that still doesn't make sense to not like Sony because the competition made bad choices. I mean te only one this gen I could see not doing the greatest is the Wii U and that is because it has little to no 3rd party support. But MS and the XB1 has plenty of 3rd party support with some nice 1st party support as well. The sales may not be as close this gen as last only because MS did not have the advantages that it had last gen by having that head start and being cheaper.

Not taking anything away from MS but that is kind of why things panned out the way they did last gen. The wii was a phenomenon that no one expected and even with selling the most had nowhere near the 3rd party support that the PS360 had. It only sold that much  because the casuals ate it up as something brand new and exciting. The Wii U clearly does not have that luxury. But anyway I don't know man I think this will still be a good gen MS just came out of the gates COMPLETELY wrong but in time they can actually start doing a lot better.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

DrDoomz said:
If you dislike a company for its monopolist/anti-competition/unfair business practices, M$ is really not the best company to root for...

my thoughts exactly.. Windows ring a bell? 

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

DrDoomz said:

Like I said, gaming is an exception. And when MS wins, their lack of presence in Europe/Japan ensures room for Sony/Nintendo. In the 7th gen, everybody won technically.

TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

But that still doesn't make sense to not like Sony because the competition made bad choices. I mean te only one this gen I could see not doing the greatest is the Wii U and that is because it has little to no 3rd party support. But MS and the XB1 has plenty of 3rd party support with some nice 1st party support as well. The sales may not be as close this gen as last only because MS did not have the advantages that it had last gen by having that head start and being cheaper.

Not taking anything away from MS but that is kind of why things panned out the way they did last gen. The wii was a phenomenon that no one expected and even with selling the most had nowhere near the 3rd party support that the PS360 had. It only sold that much  because the casuals ate it up as something brand new and exciting. The Wii U clearly does not have that luxury. But anyway I don't know man I think this will still be a good gen MS just came out of the gates COMPLETELY wrong but in time they can actually start doing a lot better.

When the 5th, 6th, and now 8th gen non-Sony competitors are doing bad, it isn't due to bad choices. Sony is in the right place at the right time, Ill give em that. Nm, I'm done with my thoughts on this. I just hope the X1 can carve out a healthy enough 2nd place. All major cons are removed, so it really is up to how the market responds.

But gaming SHOULDN'T be an exception. How they do business in their more successful product brands should be how you'll see they'll be in gaming if given market leadership. And if a healthy and gamer-friendly industry is what you are looking for, M$ should be the LAST company you should be rooting for. If E3 2013 is anything to go by, if M$ gets their way, we'd be neck deep in DRMs, paywalls and restrictions.

If anything, you should be rooting for Sony to crush them into permanent, insurmountable 2nd place, or better yet, crush them to below Nintendo level for good.