By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product.

sales2099 said:

X1 is now a great product with all cons of last year gone. Frequent updates and it is getting many great big name games you can't find on PS4.

That said, PS4's lead will only be greater with its brand power and ensure 3rd parties siding more and more with them. When Sony wins, everybody else loses. If you all want to know why I don't like Sony, that is why. Last gen, PS3 "lost" but everybody prospered, including PS3. Now, Sony wins at everybody else's expense.

I feel bad for you. When sony wins everyone else loses? 

The PS2 was as a result of sony winning the PS1 gen. The PS3, while a great console was really just too expensive cause of all the things it was trying to do. And of course it was very dev unfriendly. But it still churned out the most exclusives of last gen and majority of them were new IPs. Who third parties align with doesn't affect the gamer in anyway. 

Just take a look at what a winning MS can result in. The 360, as awesome a console as it was, was because they lost with the xbox. A losing MS is a very very very good MS. Look at what they were trying to do with the XB1. I mean seriously, just look at it. If they had their way do you realize how bad things will be now? It would be the first time in gaming history in the past 30yrs where we can actually say the people losing are the gamers. MS money grabbing consumer pissing nature bared its teeth in full coming into this gen. Always online? No used games? Paid online service (tough sony does this too)... those ae the things Ms brings or would bring to the table. You should thank God if you are a gamer that MS doesn't ever win. They will milk us dry. Then do it again.

And saying sony gains at the loss of others is ridiculous. Its no ones fault if one company does so much right that its the only console most people feel they need to have. Think of this, if the XB1 was as/more powerful as the PS4, cost less had every game that sony has including exclusives and multiplats, and has every game that nintendo has too.... would you need to buy more than one console?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
sales2099 said:

X1 is now a great product with all cons of last year gone. Frequent updates and it is getting many great big name games you can't find on PS4.

That said, PS4's lead will only be greater with its brand power and ensure 3rd parties siding more and more with them. When Sony wins, everybody else loses. If you all want to know why I don't like Sony, that is why. Last gen, PS3 "lost" but everybody prospered, including PS3. Now, Sony wins at everybody else's expense.

I feel bad for you. When sony wins everyone else loses? 

The PS2 was as a result of sony winning the PS1 gen. The PS3, while a great console was really just too expensive cause of all the things it was trying to do. And of course it was very dev unfriendly. But it still churned out the most exclusives of last gen and majority of them were new IPs. Who third parties align with doesn't affect the gamer in anyway. 

Just take a look at what a winning MS can result in. The 360, as awesome a console as it was, was because they lost with the xbox. A losing MS is a very very very good MS. Look at what they were trying to do with the XB1. I mean seriously, just look at it. If they had their way do you realize how bad things will be now? It would be the first time in gaming history in the past 30yrs where we can actually say the people losing are the gamers. MS money grabbing consumer pissing nature bared its teeth in full coming into this gen. Always online? No used games? Paid online service (tough sony does this too)... those ae the things Ms brings or would bring to the table. You should thank God if you are a gamer that MS doesn't ever win. They will milk us dry. Then do it again.

Don't. I make a lot of money.

I am confident X1 will take 2nd and do better with 1st party games then last gen. And the only benefit to losing is that corporations are forced to listen to their customers more.

That said, I fear that no matter what efforts they make for the better this gen, the gains and spikes will only be a fraction of what it should be because PS4 is just snowballing. Wiiu is even worse off.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DrDoomz said:
But gaming SHOULDN'T be an exception. How they do business in their more successful product brands should be how you'll see they'll be in gaming if given market leadership. And if a healthy and gamer-friendly industry is what you are looking for, M$ should be the LAST company you should be rooting for. If E3 2013 is anything to go by, if M$ gets their way, we'd be neck deep in DRMs, paywalls and restrictions.

If anything, you should be rooting for Sony to crush them into permanent, insurmountable 2nd place, or better yet, crush them to below Nintendo level for good.

MS can never hold a monopoly in gaming. Europe and Japan are just not their turf. Thus the 7th gen. They have NA, Sony has Europe/Japan, and Nintendo takes a bit of everything.

That's the guarantee, that if they win, others can still prosper.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Dark Chaos said:
Also, MS has reversed a lot of its policies. It took MS 6months to remove Kinect and drop the price and fix a lot of the weaknesses it has. 900p vs 1080p is negligent as we all have seen, its about games.

According to many of you here you guys must have expected that Titanfall PC shouldve outsold the Xbox One version based on graphics yet it didn't. The average Joe only cares about having fun and playing games.

No one expected that because pc games never sell well compared to consoles. because pc gamers just pirate the game.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Dark_Feanor said:

Would you say PS4 sales felt off a cliff?

April and May weren´t that impressive for PS4, as we don´t have any official sales figure, but I wouldn´t be surprised they where bellow 360´s avarege years.

I see you are at it again Feanor...... :)

So you want to compare first year april/may PS4 sales with 360's "average years" sales. Yet you don't see anything wrong with that comaprison?

How about this, compare 360 first year april/may sales to the PS4. Consider that unlike the PS4, the 360 didn't have any competition at the time in the HD space. You will be shocked to find that even the XB1 is selling better than the 360 did and we at least know the PS4 is selling better than the XB1.

But to indulge you; How about we give the PS4 say...five years. It would by then have enjoyed at least 3 years of non-cross gen releases. So it would have been on the market for atr least 3 years where the CODs, ACs GTAs...etc weren't also coming out on the PS3/360. Then we can look at the PS4s april/may "average years" in comparison to the 360. Sounds fair?

I have told you this before, now I will say it differently, we can all say what we believe and voice our opinions, but be wary if the fundamental facts that guide your opinions are just flat out wrong. Blind ideology like that just makes you look bad.

Around the Network

Market leadership doesn't mean monopoly.

You really didn't address what I said. Let me simplify:

M$ is known for its horrid anti-competitor/unfair business practices. E3 showed just how anti-consumer they can be even when they weren't even a solid market leader yet.

If a vibrant pro-gamer industry is what you are after, don't you agree that M$ is probably the WORST company out of the 3 to be rooting for?

That is unless the "lots of money" you are making had a lot to do with cashing M$ checks, in which case, I see where you're coming from...

sales2099 said:

I am confident X1 will take 2nd and do better with 1st party games then last gen. And the only benefit to losing is that corporations are forced to listen to their customers more.

That said, I fear that no matter what efforts they make for the better this gen, the gains and spikes will only be a fraction of what it should be because PS4 is just snowballing. Wiiu is even worse off.

O.J Simpson/Mike tyson,/Vick, made a lot of money too.... still felt bad for them cause they made a lot of strange choices. same here.

I undestand what you are ultimately saying.... but I fear you are putting your faith in tha absolute worst company possible to put your faith into when it comes to things like this. Trust me, the absoluet worst thing that can happen to gaming... is if MS is the dominant force in the industry. Hell, you do realize that MS even now are the only ones that have a release clause? 

I don't think sony didnt listen to their customers with the PS3. With them it was business as usual. Hardware guys make hardware and dump it on the laps of the software guys. same thing they did with the PS1/2. They just didn't know they coudn't have asked gamers to pay $600........ If the PS4 launched at $399, I am certain it would have outsold the 360 a lot sooner than it did. Not to mention if it released atthe same time.

You are right though, teher is nothing MS can do that will prevent the PS4s lead from just growing. Its no longer a question of if they lose, its now a question of how bad will it be?

BeElite said:

- Alot of X1 greatest failures is it did things maybe even did them well, but it was is things No one actualy asked for from a gaming console.

- It will struggle mightly to even achice half the sales 360 did.

Its current market failing is due to the simple fact is its figthing for sales on PS4 terms and rules and it simply is inferior at it and has no chance there.  Right now its being sold as something its was not originaly designed to do.  The costant flip flops as anwsers to failing sales in light of the onslought at the hands of the PS4 has not worked and all its done is confuse consumers while maintaining their string of bad pr and has send a message that it a struggling product.  X1 was not designed as a core console a pure gaming machice, but do to its failures that is now the battle ground where its competitions message has been clear.  PS4 is a gaming console first and fore most, sales shown people have welcomed that with open wallets.  

misfired as

Always online initial X1 vision- major failure market out right says no PS4 preorder skyrocket over X1.
Multipourpose entertaiment box - once more failure PS4 leads sales.
Waggle Kinetix tv whatever the hell - PS4 leads
Titanfall 450 bundle msg changing - PS4 still leads even in Murica
Secret souce cloud - now just dedicated servers
D12 mega power boost, Philly S "not a major change"
399 Kless Sku, E3 core gmaing console

Could be more "what the x1 is does msges that failed" MS was kinda all over the place with this.

I fully expect the 399 sku and new supposed focus on games to fail again in terms of out selling the PS4, while it sounds good there have come to many flip flops and pr failures to really buy into it.  And history shows whatever they do PS4 still leads, as that happens MS flips flops to another msg and strategy... hell if i know whats next.

You are smart enough to realize MS is in no position to flip flop against consumers now. It really can only get better for us now. The benefits of losing. "Supposed focus" on games.....lol.

Also none should expect price parity to be enough to match PS4 sales.  Its still an inferior product in most ways, to match PS4 sales it would have to be much cheaper then it.  Ala 360/PS3 price, parity is NO where near enough to brawl it out with the PS4.  While it may bump sales near PS4 or maybe a miracle and even higher then it in June.  It will be short lived and will quickly drop to its regular levales though a bit higher then previous.

"That's right, PS4 is genetically pure and all "inferior" races must be squashed! Any rise will be brief and we will be back to kick you down and laugh doing so." That is what you are really saying if people read between the lines.

Biggest failure on X1 part is it lost the walmart crowd from last gen, this is where the price hurt the most.  Hard to show it as we get no sale numbers but the largest retailer that has most custumers many the lower classes is where price matters most.  360s sub PS3 price was a mega win here and a big reason i think 360 did so well in US in comparison to the PS3.  Maybe others can add to this, but from what iv seem shoppin there.  I think thats where the 360 did majority of its sales ass kicking.  

I predict X1 market share of 30% of NA 20%  Europe and rest 10%.  Going of last gen that would be NA 22.5 , Eurrr 11.6, rest 2 and irrelevence in Japan.   And we get 36 which works out to sub half of what 360 did.  PS4 gets 124m of the market.  

Which leaves X1 at 22.5% PS4/xone market share.  Now it may seem to low and unlikly but reality is.

PS4 has taken 71% of the PS4/xone market for 2014.   

I read this. Like I really read this. And you seem to enjoy this. You enjoy kicking people when down ;). It is how you say it really. It takes a zealot to recognize another.

Words like "greatest failures", "struggle mightily", especially the use of "inferior". I take it you like Xbox more then PS2 since PS2 was technically "inferior" ;P.

Multipourpose entertaiment box - once more failure PS4 leads sales.           Doesn't change that it is a great multipurpose box.
Waggle Kinetix tv whatever the hell - PS4 leads            Doesn't change that kinect still has its uses and works well to command media.
Titanfall 450 bundle msg changing - PS4 still leads even in Murica         Doesn't change that it was a great deal.
Secret souce cloud - now just dedicated servers             You know games are using it too.
D12 mega power boost, Philly S "not a major change"             This is passive PR and MS never pushed this as a substantial improvement.
399 Kless Sku, E3 core gmaing console             Make no mistake, this is a good decision.

More bold responses in quote itself.

What is really funny is that the X1/PS4 is just 7 months old and you talk like its all said and done, especially with the predictions you made, especailly with you so sure about NA. At the same time, we all know what you are saying, but you feel you had to repeat it with your own personal smugness thrown in (and happily doing so).

Serious question: Do you actually get pleasure from PS4 leading in sales? I know I did last gen.

At the end of this new Gen, it will be : PS4>Wii>PS3>360>>XBone>=WiiU.  Can't see One doing as good as 360. Just my opinion.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Intrinsic said:
sales2099 said:

O.J Simpson/Mike tyson,/Vick, made a lot of money too.... still felt bad for them cause they made a lot of strange choices. same here.

I undestand what you are ultimately saying.... but I fear you are putting your faith in tha absolute worst company possible to put your faith into when it comes to things like this. Trust me, the absoluet worst thing that can happen to gaming... is if MS is the dominant force in the industry. Hell, you do realize that MS even now are the only ones that have a release clause? 

I don't think sony didnt listen to their customers with the PS3. With them it was business as usual. Hardware guys make hardware and dump it on the laps of the software guys. same thing they did with the PS1/2. They just didn't know they coudn't have asked gamers to pay $600........ If the PS4 launched at $399, I am certain it would have outsold the 360 a lot sooner than it did. Not to mention if it released atthe same time.

You are right though, teher is nothing MS can do that will prevent the PS4s lead from just growing. Its no longer a question of if they lose, its now a question of how bad will it be?

Then I feel bad that you feel bad for a guys opinions on video game preferences. You realize this is all quite trivial stuff in the rgand scheme.

I know with certainty that MS winning leaves Europe and Japan to Sony and Nintendo. MS can never truly dominate in gaming. Ever.