By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you want Nintendo to buy Capcom, let them know on Twitter.

Tagged games:

I don't have twitter but yes someone do that.

MH should remain exclusive to 3ds, and a megaman ect revival is needed.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
I really don't see how Capcom would be a good investment for Nintendo, or any of the big 3 for that matter.

Two words - Monster Hunter.

It would be a good buy for both Sony and Nintendo because it would give them control of the second most popular IP in Japan, and both home consoles need a sales boost over there.

And then you've got the likes of Resident Evil, Nintendo/Sony Vs Capcom and Mega Man for both the East and the West.

And if that wasn't enough they would have more developers in their stable and another publishing arm.

This whole situation seems to have become very delusional, even by Nintendo fan standards... It is highly unlikely that Nintendo would look to own Capcom. Like others have pointed out they are more profitable as 3rd parties rather than 1st parties. Why do people even feel that Nin & Capcom would even have a great relationship? Mega Man being in SSB? The fact they own a few IPs that are NES classics? That is not enough to justify a company buying another. I understand Nintendo has shown interest in buying other companies lately but have they actually bought a large company like Capcom before? No.. would they? Probably not. Plus they do not have the money to buy them out. The last thing Nintendo needs to do is buy a company when their home console is struggling to outsell 7 month old competition. Yeah, they have billions in the bank, but they arent going to use it. Nintendo is smart enough to know not to take a gamble like this. Not to mention buying a company takes more time than going to a grocery store and buying food. It can take months and even years to get through.. Even if they did buy them nothing would change till probably late 2015-2016ish. Which would not be beneficial for the current Wii U position right now :P at most... I could see them buying off a couple IPs like Mega Man, I dont know if they'd sell off their IPs like that though. At the moment Capcom is just open to being bought, they arent going to be bought by anyone right now. More than likely whoever buys them will be a 3rd party publisher.

snowdog said:
DerNebel said:
I really don't see how Capcom would be a good investment for Nintendo, or any of the big 3 for that matter.

Two words - Monster Hunter.

It would be a good buy for both Sony and Nintendo because it would give them control of the second most popular IP in Japan, and both home consoles need a sales boost over there.

And then you've got the likes of Resident Evil, Nintendo/Sony Vs Capcom and Mega Man for both the East and the West.

And if that wasn't enough they would have more developers in their stable and another publishing arm.

MH is not worth buying a company with over 2600 employees for.

And the other things you mentioned could all be brought to their platforms through normal deals with Capcom, they have shown that they are open to working together on exclusives with the big 3.

And yeah, they have a ton of developers that make alot of mostly not very impressively selling games, which would be hurt even more because they'd now have to sell their games on only one plaftorm, whoop whoop.

Capcom is not a good purchase for any of the console manufacturers.

That would be one hack of an acquisition...
I don't see it happening...
Capcom just seems to be too much of a mess...
I imagine it would be hell if the risk didn't pay off...
Would it be out of the question for Capcom to sell some properties???

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Sony or Microsoft please

miiverse is a better option

Click HERE and be happy 

Please tell me this is a joke.

I vote #Craptendo.  Crapcom + Nintendo = Craptendo.