By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you want Nintendo to buy Capcom, let them know on Twitter.

Tagged games:

if anyone buys capcom it is going to be EA or SE or some other multiplat publisher.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
eFKac said:
Looks like Wii U and 3DS software drought is hitting Nintendo fans hard.

It's no secret Nintendo needs a broader base of franchises to remain successful.

But what I find interesting is this whole posture from Capcom. Basically they're saying: "If you have the money, you can tell us whatever you want us to do regardless of whether it fits our current agenda".

Would you rather have Facebook buy Capcom?

I personally have not bought a Capcom game since RE4 iirc so it doesn't really concern me, but what I think would be the best for gamers overall, not only Nintendo fans which seem to be insanely egoistic, for an outside of gaming company to buy Capcom, like Sammy went for Sega, or someone like Gung-Ho, Tencent (or whoever has the money, I'm not really great with Japanese market knowlegde), so the current status quo is kept in place, as Capcom games are scattered all over platforms.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

*pulls out wallet* 1.1 billion rupees? i'll bite.

wait, DOLLARS?

kitler53 said:
if anyone buys capcom it is going to be EA

I feel like you said this just to wind up all the people asking for Nintendo to buy them :P

SR388 said:
I do not have or use twitter, but for fun I will say something like "#Captendo" will probably be best. With that being said, we would not necessarily see more or better Capcom games if they were bought out by Nintendo.

Why not? instead of dividing the teams to make games for every platform everyone could work on the same game for 1 = faster development process. Also Nintendo funds will help make the games better.

Also if the games are made for a single system they can be optimized and Nintendo workforce can assist in making the games and vice versa.

BTW all capcom characters in smash   would be awesome!

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
kitler53 said:
if anyone buys capcom it is going to be EA

I feel like you said this just to wind up all the people asking for Nintendo to buy them :P

but you know it's true.  same reason that none of the big three bought atlas.  taking multiplat studios and making them make exclusives is a great way to loose a hell of a lot of money.  capcom is just worth more as a multiplat publisher. 

kitler53 said:

but you know it's true.  same reason that none of the big three bought atlas.  taking multiplat studios and making them make exclusives is a great way to loose a hell of a lot of money.  capcom is just worth more as a multiplat publisher. 

I don't want any of the big 3 to buy them; nor do I think it's a good idea for any of them (I've already had a lengthy conversation with Conegamer about this on my wall).

It was just your choice of EA.  Of all the third parties to buy them, the one who have no interest releasing games on Nintendo platforms would be the biggest slap in the face to this whole "BUY THEM NINTENDO!" movement.

I think the ideal scenario would be to buy one of their dev studios and a few IPs, but I don't really see Capcom being willing to be broken apart like that...

I think it's better idea  to buy Platinum Games + Mistwalker + From Software :P

awesomeabe1998 said:
VanceIX said:
TM25 said:
Nintendo aren't going to spend the requisite money based off of twitter trends so I wouldn't bother.

This.

Nintendo will buy Capcom only if they absolutely feel they need the franchises, if not they'll pass. Social media has never facilitated a major aquisition

Obviously but it shows that fans want it and that they support. If Nintendo were financially stable to buy Cap then fan support will encourage it even more.

By all means, if fans really want to show their hunger for Capcom, they should take it to social media.

It's just that no company has ever based an aquisition off of social media, or even really been influenced with social media. When you're looking at hundred of millions to even billions of dollars, you don't base decisions off of just a couple thousand fans on Twitter. You have to look at what you can do with the company, what IPs you will get, whether or not it's worth it putting the money into rebooting certain IPs, etc. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC