By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is Splatoon receiving more attention because its an exclusive Nintnedo shooter?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

No one is hating on nintendo, people just think splatton dont realy deserve the attention that is getting.

You are right. Original and fun games like Splatoon don't deserve to get a lot of attention!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
AZWification said:

You are right. Original and fun games like Splatoon don't deserve to get a lot of attention!

well people have diferent tastes.

True. Some gamers prefer unoriginal/brown shooters like Battlefield over colorful/original shooters like Splatoon!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spurgeonryan said:
Probably a bigger reason is it was there best new IP. Unless you count that Toad game as a new IP. The Robot and Guardian game underwhelmed most.

I count Toad as a new IP, but I don't know which I'm more excited for, and I BEGGED for Toad.

Then again while the robot game looked really rubbish to me, I'm a few generous previews away from wanting Project Guard on eShop.

sundin13 said:
Ninsect said:
sundin13 said:
I don't get the comparisons with indie games or eShop games...while it is true that we have only seen a small amount of content, that doesn't mean the game will be small. We already have single player and multiple online modes confirmed so where does that thinking come from?

That's the thing. There seems to be this misconception that indie = small. Or, putting it in another way, indie =/= a real game

Yeah, but then what gives this the look of an indie game? Why does this feel like an eShop game? I don't understand that part of it and nobody seems to be able to explain it

Because a big publisher wouldn't publish it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

padib said:
kupomogli said:
I think Splatoon looks like it could be a great competitive game with all the subtle amounts of depth to it. The reason it's getting as much attention as it is is because it's a new Nintendo IP. Nintendo rarely creates new IPs outside of spinoff games so when a new IP does get created, fans think it's the best thing ever. Like I stated about fans hyping up certain characters like Pit(who was dead) or Rosalina. They have all that praise for new characters or the rare new IP.

It's a Nintendo first party exclusive, and as always, anything Nintendo makes is the best thing ever according to Nintendo fans, regardless of whether they like the genre or not. I'm sure a lot of fans who hate shooters are throwing endless amounts of praise at the game because it's from Nintendo.

It's really strange how easy it is to count the users who will always see attention given to Nintendo as just undeserved.

Like Bananaking and ClassicGamingWizz, you also tend to think that Nintendo gets praise just because. I don't think it is the case for Splatoon, the game looks fresh and has the Nintendo pedigree. It's hard to not be excited about it.

It's blatantly obvious how biased Nintendo fans are.  Nintendo fans didn't give two shits about MonolithSoft before they were purchased by Nintendo and became first party exclusive.  Now they're "the best RPG developer evaaar."  Nintendo fans will state how much they dislike a certain genre, but as soon as that genre is developed by Nintendo, it's such an amazing, deep, and well designed game.  The average Nintendo fans favorite games list is various different Nintendo franchises.  It's like Nintetndo fans care about Nintendo and very little else outside that.  This obviously doesn't mean every Nintendo fan will be like this but the general fanbase bias is strong.  Even several third party publishers have called Nintendo fans out.  Maybe it's because most of the Nintendo fans on the internet are your really die hard Nintendo fans some of the stuff I've explained is all we ever see from them.

Around the Network
padib said:

If that were the case for Splatoon my mouth would be shut.

The most blatant problem here is that it's not the case, so the bias on your part is the most exposed.

For the recored I don't play X and tried MH but didn't like it. I don't care if it's on a Nintendo console or not.

Oh it is the case.  And bias on my part is exposed?  Don't let the "only on Playstation" fool you.  I may prefer Playstation over Nintendo, but  I still own and play games on Nintendo consoles.  I just think the fanbase is the worst.  Throwing praise that anything Nintendo releases is pure gold, being apologists when they've previously bashed devs for things Nintendo are now doing, the stuff I mentioned above, among other things here and there.

I always wanted a Mario paintball game and got this instead. So I'm very happy with it.

So no, no bias on my part.

kitler53 said:

crossed off a few that i just can't imagine anyone here is actually hyped for.  bolded a few that i indeed missed.

Sure, keep moving that goal post. Glad to see that nothing has changed while I was gone.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Play4Fun said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
splatoon looks like a indie boring shooter.

ROL really was spot-on with his post earlier.

Also, how did you feel about Knack?

knack is a boring platform game with a boring character but why do you ask about knack in this thread?

if people saw splatoon in another conference not nintendo NO ONE will be talking about that game.

that is why this thread makes total sense

No not really. First Sunset Overdrive caught my attention (its not on Nintendo Platforms) because how it differentiate the shooter genre. This is the second as this completely changes how you play. Of course its getting some more attention because its Nintendo exclusive but if it were multiplat, it be the same :-/

kupomogli said:
I think Splatoon looks like it could be a great competitive game with all the subtle amounts of depth to it. The reason it's getting as much attention as it is is because it's a new Nintendo IP. Nintendo rarely creates new IPs outside of spinoff games so when a new IP does get created, fans think it's the best thing ever. Like I stated about fans hyping up certain characters like Pit(who was dead) or Rosalina. They have all that praise for new characters or the rare new IP.

It's a Nintendo first party exclusive, and as always, anything Nintendo makes is the best thing ever according to Nintendo fans, regardless of whether they like the genre or not. I'm sure a lot of fans who hate shooters are throwing endless amounts of praise at the game because it's from Nintendo.

You really need to stop with that :-/ There are plenty of everybody userbase that thinks the same way yet its just the minority. Did everybody like KIU? No. Does everybody like Donkey Kong TF? No. I think u see nintendo fans as blind fanboys and that needs to stop. Not saying there are none at all but you always do this.