By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: Masterchief Collection Will outsell Everything Sony This Holiday

Pureoctane said:
I do think Halo MCC will be the best selling game. Numbers though are hard to estimate. I do think Halo MCC will sell alot of systems. alot of th 10 mill + Halo gamers will love it, and it mmay make them take he next gen jump if they havent already.

Ya well if there's 10 million halo fans, and only 4.5 million x1's sold then a lot of them haven't upgraded. Ya numbers are hard. I'm gunna say about 1.5-2 million fw. If it sells more than 2 million first week I will be pleasantly surprised. Then the numbers will be good for the weeks after that, especially with the halo 5 beta starting 2 days after Christmas. So I'm gunna guess 2.8 million this year. Hope it does 3-4 million though. I honestly believe 4 million this year is gunna be the max. But how good the x1 sells will factor in. So 10-11 million consoles by the end of the year sounds about right, I'm hopping it starts selling hella good and is at 13-14 by the end of the year but I doubt that. So 4 million sells on 10 million consoles would put it at a 40% attach ratio.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

DC will sell more than 600K
And halo MC is way too high.

But I agree that MS has stronger exclusives this holiday.
Doesn't mean XB1 will outsell the ps4. Because the ps4 clearly has the side of the masses. And there are some 3rd party games that will be massive

This is the year of the 3rd party. Nintendo 1st party is huge both for reasons of superb quality and lack of good 3p support on the U.

But on ps4/xb1? Slaughter. It's not even going to be close. Halo is seeming to interest only previous hardcore fans who are the core Xbox fanbase. Like Titanfall, it will sell well but primarily to people already owning the console.

I might go so far as to say any PS/xb 1st party will have a hard time hitting 2.5m before DEC 31st.

Whereas games like Destiny will be dominant, and cod looks like it will have an upswing.

toastboy44562 said:

I expect Halo: The Masterchief Collection to outsell all of Sony exclusives combined this holiday!

The upcoming Halo collection should be able to sell at least 5-6 million this holiday.

Drive Club will probably sell 600k this holiday.

LBP3 will probably sell 2.5 million this holiday on PS4. What else does Sony have? I guess some people will count Infamous Second Son leftover sales and Killzone Shadowfall so we can add another 200k to that list. That puts Sony at 3.3 million and Microsoft at 5 million. Not to mention Microsoft has games like Sunset overdrive, Forza horizons, Dance Central etc. But not counting those even, Halo should dominate the first party charts!

Hallelujah 

Halo MCC isn't going to sell 5m+ this season. It will get trampled by the big 3rd party franchises. Guaranteed that it loses huge to cod:aw and destiny.

If it were halo5 it might have a chance.

Around the Network

You're probably right but you're biased list and estimates show you're way to invested in this. And with pretty much double the install base... HMCC vs TLOU re-release, LBP3 & DriveClub... it's gonna be close.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Is your prediction tactic to predict unreachable goals and then when you get lucky and one of them works out (the Kinect one for example) you can call yourself the prediction master? :P

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181226 is as bulletproof as this predict... you are fantastic.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It will outsell all PS4 exclusives combined but it won't sell 5million this holiday. More likely to be around 3million which is great

Fusioncode said:
You're expecting more than a 50% attach rate for this game? Well um, good luck with that.

He is expecting 100 attach rate actualy. And if the game does sell this much it just proves how tasteless the general American gamer is, that they would rush in droves to buy a HD port of a FPS game over everything else comming this hollidays is a testament of bad gamming taste.