By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: Masterchief Collection Will outsell Everything Sony This Holiday

eva01beserk said:
well at this rate the x1 wont even reach 6 million at the end of the year, so if your counting mcc to sell a couple of million x1s then you are clearly delusional. the people who already have the x1 are all the diehard fans already.

So you don't think the X1 will sell 1.4 million even with the price cut? We still have 7months of sales left and if you believe that all the Halo fans have already bought a X1 then I suggest you look at the lifetime sales for all the Halo games. 

Around the Network

Smash will outsell Halo

eva01beserk said:
well at this rate the x1 wont even reach 6 million at the end of the year, so if your counting mcc to sell a couple of million x1s then you are clearly delusional. the people who already have the x1 are all the diehard fans already.

Sales always slow in the summer no matter what console it is. To believe X1 can't sell 1.4 million in the 2nd half of 2014 is childish and ignorant. 

Well, since sony doesnt really have anything coming out besides driveclub and lbp3, I guess I'll agree. Although, if sony wasnt giving a big chunk of driveclub away for free, I would probably say no. Also, you numbers are crazy high, for both lbp3 and halo...

toastboy44562 said:

I expect Halo: The Masterchief Collection to outsell all of Sony exclusives combined this holiday!

The upcoming Halo collection should be able to sell at least 5-6 million this holiday.

Drive Club will probably sell 600k this holiday.

LBP3 will probably sell 2.5 million this holiday on PS4. What else does Sony have? I guess some people will count Infamous Second Son leftover sales and Killzone Shadowfall so we can add another 200k to that list. That puts Sony at 3.3 million and Microsoft at 5 million. Not to mention Microsoft has games like Sunset overdrive, Forza horizons, Dance Central etc. But not counting those even, Halo should dominate the first party charts!

Wanna bet?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

I'm going to say that Halo won't outsell MK8 numbers (whatever they are at the end of the year).

That will probably be more than everything Sony. Also, too much for LBP3.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)