By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Assassin’s Creed: Unity’s has no playable women?

That was an extremely ignorant article. I don't even know what to say, to be honest. Yes, it would be nice to have playable female characters--and I often play them when I can--but dismissing an honest and valid reason from Ubisoft makes the author appear dumb.

Adding another character model actually would create a lot more work and take a lot more time. If they wanted to do it to begin with then it was likely cut because they're worried they won't have that time before release. Lots of features get cut from games for that very reason. Anyone who thinks they could just slap long hair and some boobs on a male character would be complaining anew when the finished product ended up really bad.

Around the Network

You cannot represent all walks of life in every creative work. Its crazy to think you can. The creator didn't want a female lead, therefore there is no female lead. That doesn't mean they're against females...thats what is being inferred. But, it isn't the same.

People need to stop attacking stupid shit. Seems like every time you turn around there is some champion for some cause that doesn't need it.

It's weird, previous Assassin's Creed have featured female assassins, why would they backtrack?

Their only excuse is that most people, fighter or templar in History were males but then who cares about Historical accuracy in a video game fiction.

goulibouli said:
It's weird, previous Assassin's Creed have featured female assassins, why would they backtrack?

Their only excuse is that most people, fighter or templar in History were males but then who cares about Historical accuracy in a video game fiction.

They did not backtrack as they have never once had both female and male protagonist is an Assassin's Creed game.

This would not only increase the need for programing character animations but the need for program the world to react to both male and female characters as they would elicit different reactions in an immersive environment such as those provided in Assassin's Creed games.

The person who posted this thread, like myself, knows little to nothing of programing for video games nor the constraints developers are under to meet deadlines and goals.

Thus the idea that a company, whose goal it is to make money, that has show itself willing to make action games with lead female characters despite the people who make the majority of video game purchases being male is sexist for maing a game without a playable female character is not only stupid but dishonest, slanderous and biased.

Glad the person who posted this thread cancelled their pre-order as they don't deserve to enjoy this game.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

A female character would not only increase the need for programing more character animations but the need for programing the world to react to both male and female characters as they would elicit different reactions in an immersive environment such as those provided in Assassin's Creed games.

You, like myself, know little to nothing of programing for video games nor the constraints developers are under to meet deadlines and goals and therefore I don't understand how you feel qualified to brush of their reason's so easily.

Thus the idea that a company, whose goal it is to make money, that has show itself willing to make action games with lead female characters despite the people who make the majority of video game purchases being male is now sexist for making a game without a playable female character is not only stupid but dishonest, slanderous and biased.

Yes, video games would benefit more female characters in them, but going after games that are not pushing this agenda for you is just negative bullshit and that's how people are going to respond to it.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
i find it so unacceptable that you still can't play as a man in Bayonetta 2 or Tomb Raider :(

Thanks jlmurph!

This wouldn't be getting nearly as much attention if Ubisoft didn't give such an bad response. I'm not saying it's not true at all; it would add more work. But the response just makes the devs sound lazy and it makes the game sound like it belongs on an assembly line in a factory. And to people like myself, whom already question the talent of the AC staff, that's not doing them any favors.

burninmylight said:
This wouldn't be getting nearly as much attention if Ubisoft didn't give such an bad response. I'm not saying it's not true at all; it would add more work. But the response just makes the devs sound lazy and it makes the game sound like it belongs on an assembly line in a factory. And to people like myself, whom already question the talent of the AC staff, that's not doing them any favors.

What would you rather they say then? We have the time to add a female Assassin but we can't be bothered to?

I know it sucks for devs and gamers but they have limits to what they can do with the time and resources they have.

Plus I am kind of tired of people judging games from trailers and not finished builds of the game.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Why can t Mario be a woman too? What about Donky Kong? Why can t I play as a girl ape?

Isn't it sexist in and of itelf to have a female character just for the sake of having one?

Anyways, these sexism claims are really starting to annoy me. Feminist are going rampant.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian